Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default MacArthur bridge gets all new lights. [[as does Scott Fountain)

That's basically a Camero ad but it's worth clicking the link for the other photos.

They're LED lights.

Privately funded and reducing operating costs sounds like a win-win

And they magically appeared for the Grand Pricks, how about that? Go Dug-in! 9 years and counting around my place.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Privately funded and reducing operating costs sounds like a win-win
    So this month we've had 'feel good' stories of Detroit's comeback from the middle of the Detroit River to Henry Ford Hospital.

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 12.58.12 PM.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  13.9 KB

too cool not to share... awesome shot

https://vimeo.com/128564266

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 12.58.12 PM.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  13.9 KB

too cool not to share... awesome shot

https://vimeo.com/128564266
    Top 10 bridge in United States?

By the way, can one cross the bridge without having a state park pass or 'don't even think about it...' ?
    Last edited by emu steve; May-22-15 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Top 10 bridge in United States?

By the way, can one cross the bridge without having a state park pass or 'don't even think about it...' ?

yes you can. i heard at the belle isle side you can purchase the park pass if you don't have it

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    On foot you can enter without a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    And they magically appeared for the Grand Pricks, how about that? Go Dug-in! 9 years and counting around my place.
    Well, yeah. It was done just before the Grand Prix by design.

Also, I'm not sure what this has to do with Duggan or the city streetlight repair program. If Tom Gores wants to donate money for new lighting on Belle Isle, I don't see a problem with it.

I do understand your frustration with the ongoing streetlight problems in the city. In my 18 years as a Detroit resident, malfunctioning streetlights have been a constant source of frustration. I am happy to report that the new streetlight repair system seems to be producing results though. After decades of intermittent and widespread blackouts, the streetlights have been working pretty well over the last 6-12 months since they did the upgrades in my area. Hopefully you will see similar results in your neighborhood soon.

Quote Originally Posted by erikd View Post
    Well, yeah. It was done just before the Grand Prix by design.

Also, I'm not sure what this has to do with Duggan or the city streetlight repair program. If Tom Gores wants to donate money for new lighting on Belle Isle, I don't see a problem with it.

I do understand your frustration with the ongoing streetlight problems in the city. In my 18 years as a Detroit resident, malfunctioning streetlights have been a constant source of frustration. I am happy to report that the new streetlight repair system seems to be producing results though. After decades of intermittent and widespread blackouts, the streetlights have been working pretty well over the last 6-12 months since they did the upgrades in my area. Hopefully you will see similar results in your neighborhood soon.
    Thank You, I sure as hell hope so too, because I'm not liking where my tax dollars are being spent. And before you tell me all these GP improvements were "free", remember, these people are given tax "breaks", [[as in they don't pay any or very little), they make money, or write off their losses, [[as in "donation"?) so that's why the bridge lights were "free".

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Thank You, I sure as hell hope so too, because I'm not liking where my tax dollars are being spent. And before you tell me all these GP improvements were "free", remember, these people are given tax "breaks", [[as in they don't pay any or very little), they make money, or write off their losses, [[as in "donation"?) so that's why the bridge lights were "free".
    I'm not sure of the machinations here [[what they profit with their donations for those lights) but at WORST it is an investment in Belle Isle that cost the city pennies on the dollar. Not sure if it is a free lunch, but maybe just 'leaving the tip.'

Once again, I believe the city should be welcoming to developers, benefactors, etc. who are willing to build a M-1 line, light the bridge, etc.

Heaven knows getting infrastructure done in this country, not let lone this city, is like rolling a boulder uphill.
    Last edited by emu steve; May-23-15 at 08:31 AM.