Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    ...As NYC policing is likely to be less proactive over the next few years, we can see what happens to the relative crime rate there. We still won't know the truth, but we will at least have some more evidence.
    It will be an interesting experiment. It is difficult to know the 'truth' -- and I agree that we really don't know.

Proactive policing is on the defensive, to be sure. Every cop knows now that their actions under pressure are under scrutiny. That has to have an effect. Do the 'bad guys' know now that they can loiter with a handgun with more impunity than before? Seems intuitive to me.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/six-men-att...oits-west-side

Who wants to live in this city. Its like something out of a movie.
    It's no movie I want to see. Been living this nightmare and ashamed of being from this area all my life. How much longer will it be before we give up on peace marches, crime task forces, being worried about active policing and all this other nonsense which is not fixing the crime problem. It's past time to lay the law down and roll in the troops to clean up the streets. I am tired of hearing about one more brazen crime after another this summer and listening to the same old song and dance:

There weren't many witnesses to the crime, and it was hard to find those who wanted to talk about it.
    "I ain't seen nothing, don't know nothing," said one man.

I guess its safe to assume there is no longer crime in the city. The news rarely reports is. The open data site hasn't been sharing it in almost a week. Should we rejoice? The streets are safe?

^^^ Yeah, I noticed that crimemapping has not reported anything outside of Hamtramck in weeks. I someone who got their car stolen and car jackings have happened nearby.

Be careful everyone, and watch your surroundings where ever you go!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-26-15 at 03:06 PM.

the open data site public safety link used to report all crime, all homicides, location of homicide.
    They were keeping it updated as well but now there are 7 available tabs worth of static data.

I also have wondered about the conspicuous absence of crime data and homicide data the last week or so. Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    I also have wondered about the conspicuous absence of crime data and homicide data the last week or so. Hmmmmm.
    Agreed. I would hope there's a logical reason for the absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You suggest charging fees for landlords. OK, an idea worth considering. But to do so you must have city staff that can record property use, track payments, enforce penalties. And do so without becoming a bureaucracy that discourages landlord investment. Red tape is the last thing Detroit needs.
    Detroit *already* is a bureaucracy that discourages landlord investment. Trying to purchase a vacant property is an exercise in frustration. Especially when the city wants to charge retail prices for properties in sub-wholesale condition. That tends to make most people say, "Why bother?" The exceptions are the people who have enough cash and rehab resources to buy whole blocks at a time. But there aren't enough of those to put a dent in the problem...

Yep. Still absent of data. Though Hamtramck is showing data. At least on crimemapping.com

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Agreed. I would hope there's a logical reason for the absence.

The homicide data is back on the city's website.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7