Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Isis hides behind women and children.

No news here, but I wonder about the middle east military. Surrender and be beheaded ,or spend your time in a European disco.
    What a wasteful crock.
    I bet our party store army is ten times better.
    Sorry- but thats the way I feel.

The capture of Ramadi was a significant victory for IS. Ramadi is 68 miles west of Baghdad, had a population of something like 450,000 and controls roads, rail lines and the Euphrates to west central Iraq, Syria and Jordan. I am curious why US bombing of IS has been such a failure. Ramadi is in the desert connected to the north and west by just a couple of highways. Given the importance of Ramadi, why didn't the US have drones or planes in the air constantly stopping all Ramadi bound traffic on those routes one Toyota pickup at a time?

Recently, I read an article by Anonymous saying that Anonymous was taking down IS websites. I wondered why Anonymous had to to this instead of, for instance, the US government.

There seems to be something funny going on if the US is really trying to stop IS. We know that the president and Congress have provided money to undermine the Syrian government; our best ally against IS. Prior to that, Obama had been giving weapons to "moderate" rebels whose gifts always seemed to wind up in IS hands. Now we have this rather listless campaign against IS that the US government doesn't seem to have its heart in. The administration seems more interested in expanding the immigration number of Syrian refugees than in fighting IS. It was also amazing how the press downplayed Ramadi's loss.
    Last edited by oladub; May-18-15 at 08:25 AM.

Why can't these hackers take down the websites of the terrorists for fun?
    Maybe Arab pron?

Last weekend in Montréal, 10 kids were arrested and their passports confiscated. They were on their way to Syria. In January, 6 young college students managed to leave the country to fight with ISIS.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...eave-for-syria
    Last edited by canuck; May-20-15 at 10:45 PM.

Attended a Memorial Day event. Looking into the faces of parents who lost a son in Iraq. All they have left are pictures and memories. And a memorial at our park with his name on it. He was a high school friend of our daughter. We all attended his funeral. What a waste of a promising young man. And the question is for what ?