Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Guess who I Am Take 2

Attachment 2623

The internet can turn up some strange things.

Guess who is who and what are they doing.

The gent with the white hair looks like Sir Lawrence Olivier. Unsure as to the policemen.

The uniforms look like DPD but the location mystifies me.

Looks like Ray1936 on the left.

Is Ray1936 in the photo ?

Was it the filming of The Betsy?

yep, that's Larry and Ray yuking it up on the set of The Besty, circa 1973.

found it on the following web site. It's more like a DPD scrapbook. The pix that are most interesting are of the narcotics guys. In the late '60s it all chubby white guys with crew cuts, by '73 the undercover folk look like typical freaks. Long hair, massive mustaches ... look they're auditioning for Hair.

http://home.comcast.net/~17thPrecinc...dtimerpics.htm

oh, the location is in front of the Henry Ford Hospital
    Last edited by gnome; August-06-09 at 02:14 PM.

That's Sir Laurence? I thought it was Inspector Gordon!

Your naming of the photo gave it away! When you hold your mouse over the photo it comes up with your naming 'olivier The Betsy.jpg'

I stayed quiet, though.... These are fun, who woulda thought?

thanx Greeny for keeping hush. I didn't discover my flub until after posting.

Check out Ray's watch ... looks like a very early LED digital seiko ... it's watch face is almost as large as an iPod. Very, very expensive at the time.

Attachment 2625

Attachment 2626

The changing face of narcotics officers for the DPD

Gnome, the 1st picture above must have been taken with a Poloroid [[sp?) as it's turned from a grayish to light tan around the top edges. I've got a lot like that in old scrapbooks that look the same in the color changes. I remember it was so cool to actually take a picture and have it develope right away that I took shots of a lot of "nothing" until my Dad put a quick stop to that. I seem to recall a 8 - 10 shot Poloroid packet was something like ten bucks??

They should all give each other tickets for standing in a no standing zone.