Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Is Uber car doing Detroit?

I will be in town soon and will not be renting a car. On my last visit, I had trouble finding a taxi to take me back to my hotel downtown from Grosse Pointe.

You can also try zip car.

Yes, Uber is here.

Be like a Detroiter, just use your 9mm car-on-demand tool. Jack your own ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    I will be in town soon and will not be renting a car. On my last visit, I had trouble finding a taxi to take me back to my hotel downtown from Grosse Pointe.
    Uber has been serving Detroit for a little over 24 months, I believe. I have used it every weekend for a long time with little issue. I know that each city has different options available for service levels. Detroit has:

UberX
    UberSelect
    UberBlack
    UberXL

I'm generally an UberX user, but ever since they've lowered the rates, I've found the quality of the service to be a little bit questionable from time-to-time. But, I still use it. It's only $4 for almost any downtown trip. Maybe $6 from Detroit to Midtown.

Best of luck.

Don't forget 'Lyft' as well, another Uber-like experience...

Metro and Yellow Cab are probably rolling over in their graves.

They should - enough is enough, enough said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    I use Uber all the time to get around the greater downtown area. I haven't used Uber in Grosse Pointe, but it works great in the city center.

How about this? Is this service better than Uber, guys?