Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Report: State Senator Virgil Smith Fires Shotgun During Domestic Altercation

"DETROIT - A Detroit Police Department source tells Local 4 that officials are investigating a shooting at Michigan senator Virgil Smith's home in Detroit.

The source says Smith got into an argument with his girlfriend and fired several shots with a shotgun, hitting her 2015 Mercedes Benz. It happened in the 18000 block of Wexford Avenue in Detroit.
    ..."

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...riend/32918574

Wow, a State senator in Vermont was arraigned a couple of days ago in relation to sex crimes with female Mexican farm laborers on his farm. There is a lot of this bullshit going on isn't there?

http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-sen...arges/32879200

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Wow, a State senator in Vermont was arraigned a couple of days ago in relation to sex crimes with female Mexican farm laborers on his farm. There is a lot of this bullshit going on isn't there?

http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-sen...arges/32879200
    This crap has always been going on.

In 2015, it's just a combination of far less tolerance for this BS [[I.E. a half-century ago, men who beat their wives weren't scrutinized nearly as much as they are now) and the fact that news travels faster/further thanks to technology.
    Last edited by 313WX; May-10-15 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    This crap has always been going on.

In 2015, it's just a combination of far less tolerance for this BS [[I.E. a half-century ago, men who beat their wives weren't scrutinized nearly as much as they are now) and the fact that news travels faster/further thanks to technology.

Deftly. Also, a lot of these folks are social media braggarts or genitalia photo-op e-mail artists. It sort of helps build a case...

For sure the web and texting has ramped up the level of angst and violence when these relationships go bad. There is now more witnesses to what was perhaps initially entertainment and affirmation in the beginning for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    For sure the web and texting has ramped up the level of angst and violence when these relationships go bad. There is now more witnesses to what was perhaps initially entertainment and affirmation in the beginning for some.

And then they take it to another level, the romantic interest ramps up and shotgun blasts are that much more indiscreet... dolly back / fade to black.

I saw something today that fucked me up. I was at a little shopping mall in a poor part of town picking something up for my mom. I stopped by a dollar store for some gum and saw this guy, white with girlfriend/wife and small daughter, fivish. They were ahead of me and the young wiry bald guy, heavily tattooed looked at his litle girl and said don't touch your face by pushing her hand away and picked her up by the bent elbow of one arm and lifted her past the metal poles past the cashier. She winced but didn't cry or moan or shreek. I thought to myself she must be used to this roughness. I felt like shit for not saying or doing anything.

Then I thought about it later, and I remember her little face at the cash, her parents were talking and she seemed disturbed, in a daze, her cute little face was sad looking. I had never witnessed something like that. It wasn't extremely violent but the way he bicked her up by one arm, was totally nuts. Shit!

^^^ Incredible. What you witness when out and about. For sure.

Just damned bizarre. At minimum, I’m glad nobody was injured. Still, the optics of this is still very negative, to the utmost. We’ll see what happens as more information is released, I guess. If he pleads out, what are the possible sanctions? Before any charges are adjudicated or dismissed, what could be the sanctions from the legislature?

Check out the Detroit News online article posted today – it gives the “he said” and “she said” versions of what allegedly happened.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ired/27113485/

In an early version the paper said the weapon used was an “automatic rifle” but, the latest version now just says “rifle.”

Bottom line is that there are 10 bullet holes in the Mercedes. “Evidence technicians later found three suspected bullet holes in the vehicle’s hood; two in the driver’s side headlight; two in the driver’s side front fender; and one each in the driver’s side door, windshield, and rear driver’s door pillar.”

Luckily, the ex-wife and no one else in the neighborhood was shot.

Its fine fun to think of politicans as guilty. Its more responsible to wait for charges and trial before making assumptions.

Many times, politicians are accused by people who WANT to destroy the pols reputations. And it works. There are political consultants who brag about baseless accusations in the media.

Don't be too quick to judge based on an 'investigation'. That just means that somebody filed a complaint. [[Ray1936... perhaps some explanation might enlighten...?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post

Don't be too quick to judge based on an 'investigation'. That just means that somebody filed a complaint. [[Ray1936... perhaps some explanation might enlighten...?)
    Pretty much true. It's a long road from a complaint to a sentence. Detectives assigned the complaint will check with witnesses [[and the complainant); prepare a list of evidence they actually have [[spent bullets? shell casings? Rifle? Car?); write up a request for warrant and present it to the prosecutor. Prosecutor may issue a warrant or deny same. But there's a lot goes on between an 'incident' and the presentation of a warrant request at the county prosecutor's office. And if it goes to court? Old saying....'you never know what a jury's going to do'. Hey, it's the American way.

Booty callz the ex-wife and current girlfriend to come over for a threesome with a new girl.

heck, what could go wrong?

Virgil is totally in the right here. I mean a guy can't be dissed over his plans for a little three-way. And running outside in his burfday suit with a long-gun is completely understandable.

who else is going to the Free Virgil Vigil?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    ...Free Virgil Vigil?
    At least we're pretty sure its not the Free Virgin Virgil Vigil.

And to think these are the people who want to tell us how to live...Should we follow their example ?

I like how his lawyer stated the reasons his client should be treated differently. His other run-ins with the law were driving related. The best line was "He is a state senator".

Another promising career, up in flames.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Another promising career, up in flames.....
    Another promising career shot.......

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Another promising career shot.......
    No pun intended, right?

wonder what she did

So I didn't now his father was a judge.

It must be nice...

There’s a side note issue that pisses me off [[listening to WCHB) and certain message boards- and it has to do with the super-conspiracy notion that Kym Worthy is this [[black) man-hating ball-buster who goes out of her way to stack the heaviest charges against black male suspects, for the sake of appeasing the white statewide power structure and Wayne county in particular, that she is some kind of “anti-revolutionary plant” to deconstruct black male influence in the city/county/state. I’m just sick to death of all the stupid, anti-intellectual canards that some in my community will casually espouse without a lick of empirical evidence; just anecdotal rumor-mongering. So many folk want to reduce Kwame Kilpatrick’s trespasses as “only” being that he lied on the stand about the affair with Beatty. Totally ignoring the various other bid-rigging and personal Navigator leases and nonprofit contracts that never saw a lick of work done, etc. Detroit will continue to go backwards if the conversations don’t become more sophisticated and discerning.

So then they think it's acceptable behavior and condone shooting up someone's car?

I wish that Kym Worthy would have been able to nail Ficano's ass to the wall.

I remember a similar incident.....except his name was Sam...

Quote Originally Posted by Mzsuzuki View Post
    I remember a similar incident.....except his name was Sam...
    Armchair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSxXiHRZTOY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast