Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The Great Detroit documentary

This is one of the reviews we got on amazon.
    5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
    All I heard when I was growing up was how bad Detroit was to the outside world
    By Jenvon on October 22, 2014
    Verified Purchase
    Being a native Detroiter, I must admit that I am biased toward Detroit. All I heard when I was growing up was how bad Detroit was to the outside world. Little did people know that, outside of Richmond, VA, Detroit had the largest number of African American homeowners in the country. Thanks to the unions, every person who worked for one of the Big Three could make a decent living wage to take care of their families. When the auto industry bottomed out [[there is still much debate on whether that was intention or not with NAFTA), prosperous Midwestern cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and Akron fell by the wayside as well. However, history had proven that some things that go down, do rise again like the phoenix. There are still plenty of positive aspects of my hometown, and those who are visionary can see them. I appreciate the courage of Anthony Brogdon and his team of workers who made this film possible. I plan to purchase more copies and give them as gifts to people I know who have moved to other parts of the country long before Detroit so called "died." Thanks again, Mr. Brogdon for believing in our hometown.
    Name:  dvd cover.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  36.1 KB

Here's a video clip of the Detroiters who star in the film
    Its 55 people
    So let me say we cover a little of everything about Detroit
    I figure some people really like the film because even after seeing it at a venue they still purchased a dvd
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL-F1JwalsA

I rarely open links so where can I buy this. We have had our trials here but I love my city. Mostly great folk, great neighbors so convient to so many venues. Close to the river, Belle isle, Eastern Market, Hamtramck, SW detroit, museums, events.