Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

North End is closer to New Center than Hamtramck. It's nice and chill and lower density than Hamtramck, which to me seems like would make it more dog-friendly. Nothing against Hamtown. I do like spending time there; I'm just reppin my own hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    What do you find appealing about that area? It has the worst air in Michigan and is probably the biggest drug hotspot in the region. Mexicans live there becauase it's cheap and undocumented, non English-speakers can function within a bubble. Once immigrants gain money and language skills, they're out of there.
    Dude are you serious?!?!?!

I would say North End is an awesome choice too, because a lot is happening there too, as far as demographics, and houses getting fixed. The neighborhoods would be diverse. Some may be more "hood-like" than others. Walk around the block and get the vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    All downriver towns are heavy on enforcement. Was that the OP's reason for wanting to move? One advantage to that area is the commute tends to be going the opposite way.

Nope, I've never had a problem with the police stopping me. I just want a shorter commute.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    I would say North End is an awesome choice too, because a lot is happening there too, as far as demographics, and houses getting fixed. The neighborhoods would be diverse. Some may be more "hood-like" than others. Walk around the block and get the vibe.
    Lots of good places to live but the point is "close" to downtown. Don't like slamming of our hispanic community. Clueless, great word.

Dude are you serious?!?!?!
    I'm sure he is, its a typical Detroit-bashing comment as he likes to make. And he gets to throw in xenophobia too, so its a "twofer" as well.

So, you've decided to leave Romulan territory. I'm with the rent crowd, try it before you buy it. Try these guys. They're a gated community and dog friendly. Your commute would probably 15-20 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shore...56254641118666

Quote Originally Posted by Smarahj View Post

I love the SW Detroit area, specifically Mexicantown. I walk around down that way a bit too. Most of it isn't too bad. The people are helpful. I'll have to check out some of the stores to see if there are any for rent signs up.
    Ignore Bham. He's proof a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, the air issues in SW are in Delray near Zug Island. There is nothing wrong with SW in the Clark Park area I have friends that've moved into that area over the last couple of years and they haven't had any issues.
    Last edited by MSUguy; May-05-15 at 10:34 PM.

I support Detroit every where. Friends helped a friend in brightmoor, [[sp) his nook of it, is really cute with ranch style housing. They are thinking of buying there.
    Last edited by sumas; May-05-15 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Ignore Bham. He's proof a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, the air issues in SW are in Delray near Zug Island. There is nothing wrong with SW in the Clark Park area I have friends move in that area over the last couple of years and they haven't had any issues.
    I am involved with many community east area gardens, no noxins. Go figure! We get soil tested

@sumas...what are noxins?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerEastsider View Post
    Noxious toxins?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerEastsider View Post
    Noxic{ Sp) no toxins in our soils Send you some tomatos. My soil tested clear too! Determinded to have a veggie garden this year. I am great with flowers , suck at the veggie stuff. I'll learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So, you've decided to leave Romulan territory. I'm with the rent crowd, try it before you buy it. Try these guys. They're a gated community and dog friendly. Your commute would probably 15-20 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shore...56254641118666
    I have to agree try it before you buy it. Detroit is quite diverse in housing and communities. Many choices close to downtown. Many dog friendly. Lafayette Park maybe

Maybe check with Messiah church they have new duplexes to rent. 8 minutes to downtown. I spent years on the road and now I refuse to drive, too boring. We loan our van to neighbors and in exchange they take me where I want to go.

Dogs do complicate things a bit but check things out.
    Last edited by sumas; May-06-15 at 05:14 AM.

When you're ready to "buy" consider the Boston-Edison Historic Area. Those big houses are generally well-preserved, and dogs are always welcome. When I lived at 750 Chicago Blvd. many years ago, we had a German Shepherd [[named 'Mo') that the neighborhood kids loved.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I have to agree try it before you buy it. Detroit is quite diverse in housing and communities. Many choices close to downtown. Many dog friendly. Lafayette Park maybe
    Good call, you could walk to work. I don't think Lafayette Park has any lease or rentals, unless you go through a private owner. Being co-ops, you'd have to buy in.

Did I miss the garage explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by tgw51 View Post
    When you're ready to "buy" consider the Boston-Edison Historic Area. Those big houses are generally well-preserved, and dogs are always welcome. When I lived at 750 Chicago Blvd. many years ago, we had a German Shepherd [[named 'Mo') that the neighborhood kids loved.
    Boston edison is drop dead pretty.

Funny you meantioned your shepard, we have one who is stunning looking. Took a stroll the other day and it started to pour down rain. Went to the corner store So I took him in with me. They don't serve food so not illegal. The few customers in there and the "staff" behind Glass, poured out to pet him. Shepards are great dogs.

Did tell me polietly though, don't bring him in again. Next time I'll take the pit bull. I hate people telling me I can't. when I can. I am plain subbborn.
    Last edited by sumas; May-06-15 at 10:16 PM.

How much are you paying for parking currently when you go Downtown?

When I lived in Indian Village I had a guest house on my property.I often rented it out. A few tenants had dogs which I didn’t mind at all.There was plenty of room in the yard for the dogs to run and play. I always ran a classified ad in the Detroit Monitor whenever I was looking for a new tenant. I don’t know if the Detroit Monitor is still in publication.But if it is it’s a good place to look for guest houses to rent in Indian Village. I'm sure there are some in the Boston-Edison area as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Did tell me polietly though, don't bring him in again. Next time I'll take the pit bull. I hate people telling me I can't. when I can. I am plain subbborn.
    If the shopkeeper has politely asked you not to bring your dog into his store the polite thing to do would be to follow his wishes. His store is his private property and it is his right to disallow dogs on the premises unless the animal is a trained and certified service animal.

Also, you are exposing the shopkeeper to legal liability if your dog bites an employee or customer. It is not right to subject him to the financial risk. Liquor stores are no place for dogs.

You have the right to be stubborn if that makes you feel good but that right ends when it effects someone's business and their livelihood.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; May-07-15 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    If the shopkeeper has politely asked you not to bring your dog into his store the polite thing to do would be to follow his wishes. His store is his private property and it is his right to disallow dogs on the premises unless the animal is a trained and certified service animal.

Also, you are exposing the shopkeeper to legal liability if your dog bites an employee or customer. It is not right to subject him to the financial risk. Liquor stores are no place for dogs.

You have the right to be stubborn if that makes you feel good but that right ends when it effects someone's business and their livelihood.
    you can get a service dog tag for that pit bull online. Works great

you can get a service dog tag for that pit bull online. Works great
    Hear that? Something just went over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hear that? Something just went over your head.
    Was my comment directed at you????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast