Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kirk Gibson Diagnosed with Parkinson's

Sad news. You hate to see anyone with an illness, but to see a big strong guy struck with a debilitating nerve disease is especially tragic. One of my all-time favorite players to watch throughout his career.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...sons/26513135/

Parkinsons is a bad illness. my husband has it and it is heart breaking. Fortunate for us it is slow in progressing. My husband is on the forum so I hate to say too much. The cognitive skills slip but he denies that. I hate to say more.

Had Parkinson's in my family. Wasn't pretty. Hate to see it happen to anybody, much less a guy that brought so much joy to me and to Detroit.

That's all very troubling to hear. So much of the glory of 1984 [[and all the things that made that year great) hinged on that one swing.

Damn shame.