Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Best places to play pool

I'm looking for some new places to play pool. Where do you consider the best places to play pool in the city, in the very near burbs [[nothing north of 9 Mile) or in Ann Arbor? Thanks.

Traffic Jam and Snug!

Magic Stick

I haven't been there yet, but there's a new place in Ferndale dedicated to pool. "The Loving Touch," I believe, is its somewhat distracting name. It is just south of 9 mile, so you're safe there.

Snookers
    [[NW corner, I96 and Inkster in Livonia)

Been going there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_wall View Post
    I haven't been there yet, but there's a new place in Ferndale dedicated to pool. "The Loving Touch," I believe, is its somewhat distracting name. It is just south of 9 mile, so you're safe there.

Are you serious? Was that last sentence at all necessary? I'm prefectly safe playing pool in Detroit and especially at the two locations mentioned in this thread - Magic Stick and Traffic Jam.

Now, for my own addition, don't forget Circa!

Quote Originally Posted by dcmorrison12 View Post
    Are you serious? Was that last sentence at all necessary? I'm prefectly safe playing pool in Detroit and especially at the two locations mentioned in this thread - Magic Stick and Traffic Jam.

Now, for my own addition, don't forget Circa!
    It wasn't serious. The original poster asked for places in the city and near burbs south of 9 Mile. So it was in response to that, and perhaps a small joke implying that north of 9 Mile was unsafe. But it wasn't necessary, no.

gravitymachine Guest

when did the traffic jam get pool tables?

the magic stick actually really sucks for pool, at least serious for serious games anyways. i played there casually for many years, but like the bowling lanes, the upkeep on tables and cues is spotty [[and forget about being in regulation shape). in fact rumors float around occasionally that they want to get out of the billiards business all together and sell off their tables

i liked playing the bronx on a slower night [[too much traffic around the table to get to the bathrooms when its busy), and at small's before they opened up the concert space.

Quote Originally Posted by mkhopper View Post
    Snookers
    [[NW corner, I96 and Inkster in Livonia)

Been going there for years.

I've been to Snookers a couple of times. I would take my friends over there to pass the time. It's one of the best pool halls in the Metro Detroit area

What about in the city?

And are there any places to shoot that aren't full of smoke?

Cliff Bell's! Good location, beautiful interior, good Michigan beer, fantastic music.

I was in Cliff Bells a few months ago, and they didn't have the pool table anymore. Is there one there now?

And for my two cents, Snookers in Livonia has the tables in the best condition, but I like to shoot a game at the Old Miami or Bronx Bar in the city. Between the jukebox, beer, and the table, the Bronx usually makes some good money off me and my buddies.