Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Les Habs contre les Wings? Oui ou non?

Allons-nous assister à une série Habs vs Red Wings?

What's it gonna be? Montreal vs Detroit?

I'm still seething over the OT goal Henri Richard knocked in with his hand to win the Cup in 66. Let us get through with Tampa tonight and I'll be glad to talk some trash with ya.

OUI! OUI! OUI! How cool would that be, even though I would prefer it being for the cup. Tampa v Montreal? yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    OUI! OUI! OUI! How cool would that be, even though I would prefer it being for the cup. Tampa v Montreal? yawn.
    I understand the problems the NHL had with expansion going from 6 teams to... did they not know when to stop?

But Tampa, Nashville, Phoenix, Raleigh, Miami, etc.??????

When I think of hockey, I think of Montreal, not sure I think of Tampa...

Originally Posted by Lowell

I understand the problems the NHL had with expansion going from 6 teams to... did they not know when to stop?

Yessirree!

Let's hope for a Hockeyville vs Hockeytown battle, the old fashioned way.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Originally Posted by Lowell

Yessirree!

Let's hope for a Hockeyville vs Hockeytown battle, the old fashioned way.
    I used to go, with my father, to the Thanksgiving night game vs. Montreal at the old Olympia.

It was an annual event, just like the Lions have their noon game.

Apparently non.

Yeah, We watched the whole game last night and were disappointed. The Wings didn't let up though. Also watched snippets of the Mexico City vs Montreal game at Olympic stadium. Our team lost but still did pretty good against the massive power of Club America.

Les Red Wings ont perdu. Ils aspirés! Ils ne vont pas jouer contre les Canadiens de Montréal!

Pretty sure this thread doomed the Wings. Never look past the next game. Is there an NHL record streak for 1st round series losses?