Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DetroitYES Named a MetroTimes Best of Detroit 2015

Congratulations to ALL of you DYes Members for garnering this accolade. [We were also twice the MT's 'Best Detroit Website' in 2002 and 2003]

Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion
    Detroit Yes
    DetroitYes.com

Sure, there are plenty of gadflies who meander about the DYes! forum, but, all in all, you really can't find a much better location to sift through thought-provoking commentary on the day's issues. You'll constantly find a select few bickering back-and-forth, making for great peanut gallery observations. Make note that, if you play nice, chances are you'll find a majority of the active users to offer stimulating conversation. But beware: There's a strong cohort that will likely drive you nuts.
    http://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/be...Of?oid=2336943

Last edited by admin; April-26-15 at 10:54 AM.

Where's the 'like' button????

Congradulations

Congrats.

I started posting recently but have been reading this place for years and can honestly say this forum has the best insider info on everything going on in and around Detroit. Some posters can be a bit too negative but overall it's a great community.

I'd just like to Thank everyone for their help. REMEMBER: "There's no success without U".

CONGRATS from Santa Fe, New Mexico. From a 60+ year former Eastsider!!!

DetroitYes is a great success! Thank you Lowell for holding the fort!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    DetroitYes is a great success! Thank you Lowell for holding the fort!
    And, if I may risk immodesty, kudos to all of us who frequently post for making the fort worth the effort Mr. Boileau puts into holding it

I called some of the companies running banner ads and told them you're doubling your rates immediately. You're welcome!

Thanks for the kind words but when it comes to the discussions, I am just one voice among the thousands of you all. This is a collective award, not mine but yours and ours.

I used to run a forum for another city, and it degraded into a political pissing match.

This forum is completely different. There's an open exchange of ideas, people have great debates, and a passion and knowledge set that I've never seen in any other forum.

Congrats Lowell, and THANK YOU.

When will the award[[s) be given.......

Well deserved! And, a lifeline to us expats around the nation. Once a Detroiter, always a Detroiter. Thank you, Lowell, for all you do!

Congrats DetroitYes!!! G
    Thank you Lowell!! Glad to be friends!! I've made a lot of friends through here.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    When will the award[[s) be given.......

One of the few Websites I go to. Geekologie, freep, and mlive are others.
    All hail the lowell.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-28-15 at 03:29 AM. Reason: He deserves the utmost respect.

I like to freak out my mom [[who doesn't have Internet). I tell her about events before she sees them on T.V.

And I'm in Pennsylvania.

Well deserved honor. Congratulations.

Kudos, Lowell.

Perhaps the best civic forum website of any city anywhere.
    Congratulations to the Boileau team!

I've lived in Western Canada all my life and have no connection to Detroit at all, but I find your city fascinating and I have loved every minute of my two visits since 2011. I spend a few minutes every day reading DY to see what's going on. We have nothing like DY here in Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    I've lived in Western Canada all my life and have no connection to Detroit at all, but I find your city fascinating and I have loved every minute of my two visits since 2011. I spend a few minutes every day reading DY to see what's going on. We have nothing like DY here in Vancouver.
    Have you tried looking for a VancouverYES! ?

curious. hopefully he'll go home-- wherever that is, michgan or wherever-- and just lives a quiet life. So many, well, idiots, look at a reprieve like this as a means to "set me up for a comeback"... They need to wise up and leave their past life completely alone. All the hustles they took for granted that "Everybody does" or "Everybody gets away with"... You two didn't. All the imbalanced-ness and bias that is entrenched in the system, you two still thought you were a little too clever, and at this point have been granted a form of grace that most men of your ethnic cohort definitely do not get, pandemic or otherwise. Leave your egos at the gate. The sycophantic folks [[especially as expressed on social media) who are a bizarre inverse mirror of the red-hats & beer coterie of Mr. 45, quasi-worship you two and would damn near likely be trying to have full-blown welcome home parades and I'm nearly "glad" that Covid is [[seemingly, so far) preventing nonsense like that from jumping off locally..

I think this might be on the wrong thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    curious. hopefully he'll go home-- wherever that is, michgan or wherever-- and just lives a quiet life. So many, well, idiots, look at a reprieve like this as a means to "set me up for a comeback"... They need to wise up and leave their past life completely alone. All the hustles they took for granted that "Everybody does" or "Everybody gets away with"... You two didn't. All the imbalanced-ness and bias that is entrenched in the system, you two still thought you were a little too clever, and at this point have been granted a form of grace that most men of your ethnic cohort definitely do not get, pandemic or otherwise. Leave your egos at the gate. The sycophantic folks [[especially as expressed on social media) who are a bizarre inverse mirror of the red-hats & beer coterie of Mr. 45, quasi-worship you two and would damn near likely be trying to have full-blown welcome home parades and I'm nearly "glad" that Covid is [[seemingly, so far) preventing nonsense like that from jumping off locally..

I think he was talking about "cry me a river" Kilpatrick