Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Overt Racism Written off in a Covert Unapologetic Manner

Yeah....I would've referred folks to the WXYZ reporting, but the comments are just too ugly. This only reconfirms what I've stated before about how I've seen more confederate flags living off and on in suburban Wayne county than I've ever seen the entire year I lived in Kentucky. What's more is, I'm not surprised that it's coming from a suburb where I found out the well-known [[for our generation) urban legend of Police code "N.I.L." was true. Pisses me off!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7109264.html

What's worse is just how crass and unapologetic this guy is, yet, he backpedals like a coward and says the nooses represent a person who hung themselves [[?!). Am I supposed to mount a giant SUV bumper to represent the vehicle that killed a childhood friend who refused to sell coke for a powerful Eastside dealer? I don't want to get into what I could fabricate for O.D.s and suicides. Am I surprised that the only folks who come to his defense are his own toadies?

Seriously, man, racism has come back in style with a vengeance. The more we have pushed it down from it's once collected masses of supremacy hate-groups [[like back in the '90s) the more it squeezes out the sides and cracks like some kind of rancid marshmallow filling. Folks have a serious hair across their arse about Obama [[but it's never about the more abominable things most conservatives would praise-ie. how the BP oil spill was handled or political opponent killing or being a member of the Alfalfa Club). They tremble and twitch like they got some sputtering demonic haywire running amok inside them, and they just seem to not be able to contain themselves longer. So, this is how it expresses it's true, ugly nature regarding the big African "Elephant that's sits in the room".

I've heard from Southern blacks who hate the covert manner of Northern racism [[versus the overt Southern kind you know where you stand with). What's galling is how absolutely childish folks are to fall back on "freedom of speech" [[as if that dismisses any personal sense of responsibility or accountability for what you say-as Christ said "You will be judged for every careless word you utter".) or backpedal for their words or violent actions. Look how Phil Roberts is still regarded [[oh, yeah, but the racism thing took a backseat to other comments he made) as a hero, and the FOX News praising of Cliven Bundy should not be forgotten. Yet, more examples of stark and careless [[which I guess, works to their discredit) intolerance in the name of "freedom of speech" keep piling up. I'm just glad Oklahoma clamped down on that one stupid U of O Fraternity. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...of-greek-life/

Imagine living in Cleveland and having your schoolkids see this: http://www.19actionnews.com/story/25...ct-with-a-baby Do yourself a favor, don't attempt to hunt down all the images this guy puts on his gas station.

Sorry to get riled about the never ending supply of pinheads in this country, folks. It just riles me when I see far too much of it coming from Michigan. Just check out the last caller, in this clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hMojbmXZCg
    Last edited by G-DDT; April-23-15 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7109264.html Yeah....I would've referred folks to the WXYZ reporting, but the comments are just too ugly. This only reconfirms what I've stated before about how I've seen more confederate flags living off and on in suburban Wayne county than I've ever seen the entire year I lived in Kentucky. What's more is, I'm not surprised that it's coming from a suburb where I found out the well-known [[for our generation) urban legend of Police code "N.I.L." was true. Pisses me off!

What's worse is just how crass and unapologetic this guy is, yet, he backpedals like a coward and says the nooses represent a person who hung themselves [[?!). Am I supposed to mount a giant SUV bumper to represent the vehicle that killed a childhood friend who refused to sell coke for a powerful Eastside dealer? I don't want to get into what I could fabricate for O.D.s and suicides. Am I surprised that the only folks who come to his defense are his own toadies?

Seriously, man, racism has come back in style with a vengeance. The more we have pushed it down from it's once collected masses of supremacy hate-groups [[like back in the '90s) the more it squeezes out the sides and cracks like some kind of rancid marshmallow filling. Folks have a serious hair across their arse about Obama [[but it's never about the more abominable things most conservatives would praise-ie. how the BP oil spill was handled or political opponent killing or being a member of the Alfalfa Club). They tremble and twitch like they got some sputtering demonic haywire running amok inside them, and they just seem to not be able to contain themselves longer. So, this is how it expresses it's true, ugly nature regarding the big African "Elephant that's sits in the room".

I've heard from Southern blacks who hate the covert manner of Northern racism [[versus the overt Southern kind you know where you stand with). What's galling is how absolutely childish folks are to fall back on "freedom of speech" [[as if that dismisses any personal sense of responsibility or accountability for what you say-as Christ said "You will be judged for every careless word you utter".) or backpedal for their words or violent actions. Look how Phil Roberts is still regarded [[oh, yeah, but the racism thing took a backseat to other comments he made) as a hero, and the FOX News praising of Cliven Bundy should not be forgotten. Yet, more examples of stark and careless [[which I guess, works to their discredit) intolerance in the name of "freedom of speech" keep piling up. I'm just glad Oklahoma clamped down on that one stupid U of O Fraternity. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...of-greek-life/

Imagine living in Cleveland and having your schoolkids see this: http://www.19actionnews.com/story/25...ct-with-a-baby Do yourself a favor, don't attempt to hunt down all the images this guy puts on his gas station.

Sorry to get riled about the never ending supply of pinheads in this country, folks. It just riles me when I see far too much of it coming from Michigan. Just check out the last caller, in this clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hMojbmXZCg
    You should be riled up.

The question is what is the right social response? Jail him for thought crimes? Or let peaceful expressions of disgust work this through.

As to kids seeing this, kids aren't stupid nor innocent. They know the world is full of crazies. Their parents and teachers should show them the way to navigate a world full of crazies. So they see it. Sticks and stones. We need to raise our children to know how to handle things they don't understand, and to appropriate judge without pre-judging.

Now if he acts on his ignorant and stupid beliefs...

Speaking of institutional or overt racism, I was shocked the Detroit News editors allowed this quote in their article yesterday about the Cass Corridor.

"White people, and the money, came to Midtown; it's a blessing. It's better than Southfield," he said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2015/04/21/detroits-cass-corridor-makes-way-new-era/26156687/

Of course, someone can easily justify it as a "homeless person quote" - but, by the same token, you can get a homeless person to say anything you want, to proliferate one's racist views.

Michigan is Mississippi. Clown. But that's what's the real world now. Confederate flags and hangman's nooses being reduced to "cute decorations".

Its time to start some rallies where people burn the confederate flag

Ridiculous. I thought tree services were all busy this time of year. Who has time for this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Michigan is Mississippi. Clown. But that's what's the real world now. Confederate flags and hangman's nooses being reduced to "cute decorations".
    Yep, Michissippi...

Opposition to the Confederate flag is really an expression of anti-White racism. It is right up there with the Joe Louis fist planted at the foot of Woodward.

Actually to me the Confederate flag is a symbol of freedom. One has to understand that if the North was fighting to free the slaves, the underground railroad would not have to be “underground” in the north. It is as simple as that.

The north wanted the cotton grown in the south for it’s factories. They passed a law making it illegal for the south to sell cotton to customers in Europe. This forced the South to seek it’s independence.

Slavery was on it’s way out and could have been eliminated with out the bloodshed the Civil War produced.

The Confederate flag represents standing up for liberty, it is not about defending slavery, as there is no defense for slavery nor the underground railroad being underground in the north.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    The above is why it is best not to take history lessons from a guy who shaves his head and has a big swastika tattooed on his neck.
    I do like the touch about a non-existent law prohibiting cotton sales to Europe that "forced" succession.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smiles View Post
    Actually to me the Confederate flag is a symbol of freedom. One has to understand that if the North was fighting to free the slaves, the underground railroad would not have to be “underground” in the north. It is as simple as that.
    The underground railroad had to be underground because of the Fugitive Slave Laws passed by the Democrats in the south and their fellow travelers in the north.

Slavery was on it’s way out and could have been eliminated with out the bloodshed the Civil War produced.
    If you would read some history, you would find that the immediate cause of secession was the election of Lincoln on the platform of not extending slavery into the territories, but limiting it to the original slave states. This was intolerable to the southerners who were practicing "slash and burn" agriculture where they would exhaust the soil then move on [[with their slaves) to a new area. They wanted Kansas and Nebraska to provide new soil for their plantations.

Between 1525 and 1866 380,000 slaves made it to North America.

6% of the population owned slaves,North and south.

The 1st person in the USA to own a slave for life was a Black man named Anthony Johnson who sued in a court of law for this right; prior to this both blacks and whites were indentured servants for a limited number of years.

Brazil had 4.86 million slaves.

42 million members of the African-American community descend from this tiny group of less than half a million Africans.

The cotton gin would have reduced the "need" by a large part.
    Last edited by Richard; April-23-15 at 07:58 PM.

I believe the Cotton Gin is used to remove seeds and debris from picked cotton. It does not pick the cotton itself. Moreover , it has been suggested that Mr. Whitney's invention caused a marked increas in the number of enslaved people.

for your review: http://www.civilwar.org/resources/ci...y-how-the.html

On the subject raised by Mark Smiles concerning the notion that Confederate battle flag represents liberty: not knowing something so obvious as to the cause of the Civil War is wholly unforgivable. To spout such ignorance in public demonstrates an unbridgeable chasm in your education. However, while being ignorant is not a crime in itself, staying that way does display a churlish adherence to a mindset that is ingrained within the DNA of miscreants and other Deliverance cast members.

In short, I wouldn't worry too much about diving into the shallow end of the gene pool, any damage to your head was done while falling from that family tree with no branches.

This one isn't a bad interpretation of the right to free expression and will lead to greater understanding, I'm sure...

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...k-judge-749755

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    i believe the cotton gin is used to remove seeds and debris from picked cotton. It does not pick the cotton itself. Moreover , it has been suggested that mr. Whitney's invention caused a marked increas in the number of enslaved people.

For your review: http://www.civilwar.org/resources/ci...y-how-the.html

on the subject raised by mark smiles concerning the notion that confederate battle flag represents liberty: Not knowing something so obvious as to the cause of the civil war is wholly unforgivable. To spout such ignorance in public demonstrates an unbridgeable chasm in your education. However, while being ignorant is not a crime in itself, staying that way does display a churlish adherence to a mindset that is ingrained within the dna of miscreants and other deliverance cast members.

In short, i wouldn't worry too much about diving into the shallow end of the gene pool, any damage to your head was done while falling from that family tree with no branches.
    ouch!.....

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I believe the Cotton Gin is used to remove seeds and debris from picked cotton.
    Damn, And here I thought it was the latest trendy booze.....

Opposition to the Confederate flag is really an expression of anti-White racism. It is right up there with the Joe Louis fist planted at the foot of Woodward.

The north wanted the cotton grown in the south for it’s factories. They passed a law making it illegal for the south to sell cotton to customers in Europe. This forced the South to seek it’s independence.

The Confederate flag represents standing up for liberty, it is not about defending slavery, as there is no defense for slavery nor the underground railroad being underground in the north.
    Yup, not wanting to be reminded of the fact the one's ancestors were slaves and second class citizens is anti-white racism. That's totally it! And there had to be an underground railroad in the north because the Supreme Court ruled that runaway slaves could be caught and returned back to their owners.

There is nothing about liberty or freedom in a flag that represents the Old South, all slave owning states. I absolutely hate when I see the American flag flown along side the Confederate flag. Confederates were traitors to the union and that shouldn't be celebrated.

Joe Louis is entirely different. The fist represents his power in the ring as well as his power to fight Jim Crow [[hence why it faces towards the South) and the Nazi's belief in racial superiority by beating Schmeling.

You're probably one of those people that are "proud to be white" and need a symbol to make sure everyone knows it. How about use a symbol that didn't fly over a "nation" that enslaved millions of people. I'm not ashamed to be white, but I'm more proud of the certain ethnicities in me. I'm proud of my Canadian ancestry and I'm a big anglophile, though I know the conflicted history of the British Empire.

Sad that we're so focused on a few small-minded thoughts from small-brained people.

Who'd a thunk it? Kid Rock's user name on DetroitYes is "Mark Smiles."

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Who'd a thunk it? Kid Rock's user name on DetroitYes is "Mark Smiles."
    Although I wouldn't state things like Gnome did, the reaction is similar. If the Kid Rock theory is true, then I guess he's trying new formats to be provocative [[remember when the Onion joked about Marilyn Manson resorting to going door to door just to get a rise out of folks? "Hey! Look at meeeee!"). Might explain why no one minded throwing him down a flight of steps at the old punk rock house when he was mouthing off disrespectfully to the few women there.

Kid Rock? Just another "...... bag" in a world full of them.

That's not true, the Confederacy stopped selling their cotton to Europe so that a shortage in their product would cause the European countries to recognize them as a nation and continue buying. Instead Britain began growing in India. The south ruined their own economy.

The Confederate flag is a symbol of the confederacy. The confederacy was based on the falsity that blacks were inferior. “Our new Government [the Confederacy] is founded . . . upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth." -Confederate vice-president Alexander Stephens, 1861

If slavery was on its way out, why did southerners fight to keep it around? Using dogwhistle terms like "liberty" and "state's rights" isn't going to cut it in 2015. Your ignorance is not excusable, you have the greatest resource in the world at your fingertips. The confederate flag represents ignorance, violence, slavery, and treason.

Quote Originally Posted by paulj313 View Post
    That's not true, the Confederacy stopped selling their cotton to Europe so that a shortage in their product would cause the European countries to recognize them as a nation and continue buying. Instead Britain began growing in India. The south ruined their own economy.

The Confederate flag is a symbol of the confederacy. The confederacy was based on the falsity that blacks were inferior. “Our new Government [the Confederacy] is founded . . . upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth." -Confederate vice-president Alexander Stephens, 1861

If slavery was on its way out, why did southerners fight to keep it around? Using dogwhistle terms like "liberty" and "state's rights" isn't going to cut it in 2015. Your ignorance is not excusable, you have the greatest resource in the world at your fingertips. The confederate flag represents ignorance, violence, slavery, and treason.

Bravo Paul. In a nutshell. That's what it's all about, when they have no arguments, they fabricate "truths" to customize their hate-filled ignorance of the "other". Guys like Kid Rock know the negative power of a symbol like the confederate flag.

The reverse of that of course is the ghetto culture of Afro-Americans that perpetuates dumb clichés that promote self-negation, self-destruction; in fact debases the community from within. That fact is just as damaging overall. That trend needs to be eliminated.

One thing I noticed about this, these people had no problem putting out these overtly racist symbols, but when challenged, they wimped out. They did not have the courage to stand for their convictions. Their weaselly denials really highlight the facts that they know exactly what those symbols mean to people, that they hoped to rally their neighbors, not antagonize them, and they want to keep those symbols flying, even it means lying about their intentions.

Freedom of speech is a two edged sword for sure.

It's all a part of the Karmic Chain. One action begets another action.

What is going on that caused this Livonia businessman and employees to do what they did?
    What did he do that got a re-action.

Stop children what's that sound. Watch how things come and go around.

Last edited by Dan Wesson; April-25-15 at 02:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast