Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

rememberme Guest

Default Club500 Saber Lancer [[from the 80's)

Lots of shady deals went on back then, the owner was not this nice smart man that you all would have liked to think. Silent partnerships with strip clubs, money laundering, insurance scams between the two [[names removed by moderators - unsubstantiated allegations) by Tax evasion, drug dealing, thats how they raised the cash to build the new Saber Lancer Club 500 from the old Wimpy's location. By faking a fire. Not to mention, they re-served the stale chips and salsa too, old el palso was the brand name.
    Last edited by rememberme; April-18-15 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rememberme View Post
    Lots of shady deals went on back then, the owner was not this nice smart man that you all would have liked to think. Silent partnerships with strip clubs, money laundering, insurance scams between the two.[[names remove by moderators - unsubstantiated allegations) Tax evasion, drug dealing, thats how they raised the cash to build the new Saber Lancer Club 500 from the old Wimpy's location. By faking a fire. Not to mention, they re-served the stale chips and salsa too, old el palso was the brand name.
    This may or may not be true but they served one hell of a pizza and this place was constantly slammed with east side families. Between Club 500, Maple Lanes, East Warren Lanes, and a half dozen other spots as well as all those well kept homes this was a great little area well into the late 80s and early 90s. Great memories but don't expect any of it to be there now cuz it's not.
    Last edited by TTime; April-18-15 at 01:59 PM.

Liked all the places up and down Warren. Pleasantly surprised when a friend took me to Wimpy's, where two patrons were reading books at the bar. Best dive was Barbie's Bedford Lounge, where bets were placed on which customers were cops, which were thieves. Red Carpet & B'stilla had live music. Met a woman who changed my life at E. Warren Lanes [[she doesn't know). Yes, the pizza was very good. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by rememberme View Post
    Lots of shady deals went on back then, the owner was not this nice smart man that you all would have liked to think. Silent partnerships with strip clubs, money laundering, insurance scams between the two [[names removed by moderators - unsubstantiated allegations Tax evasion, drug dealing, thats how they raised the cash to build the new Saber Lancer Club 500 from the old Wimpy's location. By faking a fire. Not to mention, they re-served the stale chips and salsa too, old el palso was the brand name.
    You make some pretty serious allegations, and all without presenting one minuscule shred of evidence. In the legal world this could be called slander.

What is your beef with Frank and why would you take to creating an anonymous profile on an internet bulletin board to slander him? Some folks become awfully brave when hiding behind the anonymity of an internet screen name.

Such rubbish this is!

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    You make some pretty serious allegations, and all without presenting one minuscule shred of evidence. In the legal world this could be called slander.
    Presenting no evidence, I'm guessing someone has a legal proceeding against someone else and a bit of muckraking, slander and innuendo would help one's case.

I have no idea one way or the other, but coming from a new account, this looks like astroturfing.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Presenting no evidence, I'm guessing someone has a legal proceeding against someone else and a bit of muckraking, slander and innuendo would help one's case.

I have no idea one way or the other, but coming from a new account, this looks like astroturfing.
    The motivations of the original poster are definitely suspicious. To make a ridiculous allegation stretching back more than 30 years is preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Liked all the places up and down Warren. Pleasantly surprised when a friend took me to Wimpy's, where two patrons were reading books at the bar. Best dive was Barbie's Bedford Lounge, where bets were placed on which customers were cops, which were thieves. Red Carpet & B'stilla had live music. Met a woman who changed my life at E. Warren Lanes [[she doesn't know). Yes, the pizza was very good. Good times.
    Well, you don't have to tell us everything, but you could tell us something. And yes, the pizza was great.

The original post of this thread contains unsubstantiated and libelous allegations. Name were cited and have been removed by the moderators.