Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Floyd Dent: Violent traffic stop in Inkster caught on camera, officer fired!

See multiple videos, articles and photos. Incredible!
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/l...-tape/31986806

Inkster police withholding incriminating portions of booking video in violent arrest, attorney says
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...lding_inc.html

Police officer has been fired
    http://www.metrotimes.com/Blogs/arch...oyd-dent-fired

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    See multiple videos, articles and photos. Incredible!
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/l...-tape/31986806

Inkster police withholding incriminating portions of booking video in violent arrest, attorney says
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...lding_inc.html

Police officer has been fired
    http://www.metrotimes.com/Blogs/arch...oyd-dent-fired
    OLD NEWS? Isn't this being adjudicated or didn't the suspect get a settlement?

The only good news about this story is that Melendez was fired. The rest is pretty grim. I wouldn't want to have lived what the victim went through. Who knows what brain injury he may have sustained.

One thing I can't get over is the solidarity or complicity rather of the officers who gang up on a guy like that. Testosteroni for lunch, maybe?

The signs are all there, Business as usual for PD. I hate to think of it like that but the Blue Wall is practically unbreachable, and will continue on as if nothing has happened.

He resisted with violence.
    He reached for his waistband.
    He reached for my gun.
    He had something in his hand and wouldn't drop it on command.
    He had a thousand yard stare.
    I felt threatened.

He's about to get paid. From what I've seen, he did nothing wrong, and allegedly, those drugs found were planted, by a dirty cop. Something very serious is going on within Police Departments all over the country. Everyday it seems you hear or see video of police brutality mostly against black citizens. Something needs to be done, or we're looking right down the barrel of another Ferguson.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-18-15 at 12:55 PM.

[QUOTE=Cincinnati_Kid;476618]He's about to get paid. From what I've seen, he did nothing wrong, and allegedly, those drugs found were planted, by a dirty cop. Something very serious is going on within Police Departments all over the country. Everyday it seems you hear or see video of police brutality mostly against black citizens. Something needs to be done, or we're looking right down the barrel of another Ferguson.[/QUOTE

Planting drugs on a suspect during a traffic stop? That ain't no joke, that's a lot of years in prison for that cop if the other side can prove it. Don't know way that cop would do that, it's pretty stupid. Not a good career move.

That Former Inkster Police officer still has a job at Highland Park Police Dept. Black folks there petitioned to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    He's about to get paid. From what I've seen, he did nothing wrong, and allegedly, those drugs found were planted, by a dirty cop. Something very serious is going on within Police Departments all over the country. Everyday it seems you hear or see video of police brutality mostly against black citizens. Something needs to be done, or we're looking right down the barrel of another Ferguson.
    Wait til the weather warms up. Gonna be a rough summer.

If the police officer in question is tried and found guilty then he should serve a lengthy prison sentence.

Just heard all charges are being dropped against Floyd Dent. They are charging officer Melendez as well it should be, for that violent beating.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-20-15 at 11:12 AM.

So, it doesn't look like Melensez planted drugs on Dent, and it doesn't look like Dent such an upstanding guy with no police record. Detroit News reports on pre-trial motions in Judge Evans courtroom today:
    "Judge Vonda Evans ... will admit evidence about Dent’s possible drug use the night of the incident, including medical records relating directly to the beating.“Mr. Dent vehemently denies any cocaine use, and then we find it in his urine,” Evans said. “So to me, his credibility is kind of important.”
    Evans also allowed mention of Dent’s 12 previous arrests, which defense attorneys argued will demonstrate Dent knew not to open his door during the traffic stop.
    “I think that it goes to his familiarity with the procedure,” Evans said. “So I’ll allow it for that purpose.”

The truth matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I agree. Policing needs to get better. But let's not toss out the baby with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    So, it doesn't look like Melensez planted drugs on Dent, and it doesn't look like Dent such an upstanding guy with no police record. Detroit News reports on pre-trial motions in Judge Evans courtroom today:
    "Judge Vonda Evans ... will admit evidence about Dent’s possible drug use the night of the incident, including medical records relating directly to the beating.“Mr. Dent vehemently denies any cocaine use, and then we find it in his urine,” Evans said. “So to me, his credibility is kind of important.”
    Evans also allowed mention of Dent’s 12 previous arrests, which defense attorneys argued will demonstrate Dent knew not to open his door during the traffic stop.
    “I think that it goes to his familiarity with the procedure,” Evans said. “So I’ll allow it for that purpose.”

The truth matters.
    Yes it does, it also appears that the City of Inkster felt that they and the officer involved were quite culpable in the incident. The city decided to come up with a lot of money [[not sure of the amount) in a hurry to satisfy Mr. Dent. I don't think the City of Inkster is run by a bunch of dummies that enjoy giving away their citizen's money.
    Last edited by softailrider; August-28-15 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    So, it doesn't look like Melensez planted drugs on Dent, and it doesn't look like Dent such an upstanding guy with no police record. ...snip...

The truth matters.
    The truth is, however, not interesting to those pushing agendas.

Whether or not Dent is good or bad, or behaved badly or not doesn't matter.

The truth is the we do need to work on police brutality and abuse, especially as regards minorities.

The bigger truth is that American law and order is among the best in the world.

Let's be careful not to obsess about one problem and forget to continue the overall trend of getting control of urban crime.

Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; November-20-15 at 12:54 AM.