Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Woodward Ave Closed tonight

Looks like a pretty BIG party is set for John Varvatos tonight.
    Rumor has it Alice Cooper is performing,
    One thing I can say is John V knows how to do it right !
    He must be pretty happy with how things are going thus far ?
    I doubt he'd be throwing a party this big and closing down woodward if he wasn't happy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Looks like a pretty BIG party is set for John Varvatos tonight.
    Rumor has it Alice Cooper is performing,
    One thing I can say is John V knows how to do it right !
    He must be pretty happy with how things are going thus far ?
    I doubt he'd be throwing a party this big and closing down woodward if he wasn't happy ?

Don't read too much into it. This was planned months ago.

John Brannon is pissed he's not on the list and a bunch of rich, clueless Birmingham fucks are. You should have heard him going off about it earlier. His girlfriend talked to somebody who thought it was Gene Simmons she was going to see.
    The days of the Coop playing at the State Fair are long gone forever...

Hmm, I wish I would have been at the Prince concert same night at the Fox. I hear he was awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    Don't read too much into it. This was planned months ago.
    That makes it even better, It puts the city on the radar even more with the folks in the burbs and in the media in a more positive note. ANYTIME there's good positive news I'll take it.

and with Prince the Stones ect, choosing to play in DETROIT , this is a VERY good thing !

It gives the city as a whole more confidence and a little more swagger.
    Last edited by Detroitdave; April-17-15 at 09:44 AM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    That makes it even better, It puts the city on the radar even more with the folks in the burbs and in the media in a more positive note. ANYTIME there's good positive news I'll take it.

and with Prince the Stones ect, choosing to play in DETROIT , this is a VERY good thing !

It gives the city as a whole more confidence and a little more swagger.

What stinks is that is was only for 400 invited guests. Events like this needs to include the general public, Detroit is not at the level of eliteness yet.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    What stinks is that is was only for 400 invited guests. Events like this needs to include the general public, Detroit is not at the level of eliteness yet.
    I heard from someone who was there that it was a private event put on by Chrysler. They paired with Varvatos because apparently he had provided some wardrobe for Chrysler commercials. If you want to pay the tab for an event like this, I guess you can invite all the public you want.