Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hillary Clinton Campaign To Focus On Economic Security, Opportunity

It's official Hillary Clinton to run for president

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7047224.html

CHICAGO [[AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign will center on boosting economic security for the middle class and expanding opportunities for working families, while casting the former senator and secretary of state as a "tenacious fighter" able to get results, two senior advisers said Saturday. President Barack Obama all but endorsed her, saying "I think she would be an excellent president."

The senior advisers provided the first preview of the message Clinton planned to convey when she launches her long-anticipated campaign on Sunday with an online video. Until now, the former first lady has offered only hints of what would drive her if she were to run a second time for the White House.

The strategy described by Clinton's advisers has echoes of Obama's 2012 re-election campaign. He framed the choice for voters as between Democrats focused on the middle class and Republicans wanting to protect the wealthy and return to policies that led to the 2008 economic collapse.

Hillary Clinton to Announce 2016 Run for President on Sunday

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/us...nday.html?_r=0

The prolonged prologue to Hillary Rodham Clinton’s second run for the White House will reach its suspenseless conclusion on Sunday: The former secretary of state, senator and first lady is to announce that she will indeed seek the Democratic nomination for president.

Mrs. Clinton is expected to begin her campaign with a video message on social media, followed by a visit to important early-primary states next week, said two people briefed on her plans.
    But for all the attention paid to how Mrs. Clinton would reveal her 2016 candidacy, little has been said about her reasons for mounting another presidential bid. Her campaign rollout is expected to provide voters, particularly users of Twitter, Facebook and other social media, a succinct rationale that she is best positioned to address an American electorate that has seen virtually stagnant wages for middle-income earners over the last 15 years.

A fresh epilogue to Mrs. Clinton’s 2014 memoir, “Hard Choices,” posted on The Huffington Post Friday morning, signaled a number of elements of what is very likely to be a familiar feature of her campaign message: evoking her new status as a grandmother to talk about creating opportunities for all Americans.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-12-15 at 08:21 AM.

Sounds like she is running. Guaranteed Republican win.

I don't know, Gpwrangler, the GOP has allowed itself to be inundated by some pretty odd fundamentalist candidates, and the brother of perhaps our worst leader in recent history, if he is to be judged by what happened on his watch. I think a lot of folks may hold their nose and vote for Hillary.

Then some not motivated towards either dynasty 'offerings' may hold their nose and vote for neither.

I wonder why Democrats aren't busting their tails trying to get Warren or Sanders nominated. This is primary season. They shouldn't be settling for the lesser of two evils in the general election yet.

I dunno, I don't see any barn-burning names in the GOP lineup at all. Much as this old line conservative hates to say it, Hillary looks like a cinch to me, just on her name. But then again, I'm old and don't really give a care who is in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Sounds like she is running. Guaranteed Republican win.
    Dunno...Scott Walker? Rand Paul? Bush? Hillary is out for blood and she has a machine in place. Go to 270towin.com and mess around with the blank map segment. Try to do an honest prediction of a 2016 showdown. The GOP could win FL, VA, and OH and still lose.
    Last edited by Patrick; April-13-15 at 08:22 PM.

Now you're really bringing up old stuff OG......... Thankfully!

More reflections:

The 11 moments that define Hillary Clinton

Last edited by Zacha341; April-14-15 at 03:11 AM.

Born in 1947, Hillary lied when she claimed she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary for being the first to climb Mount Everest in 1953, but eh, "what difference does it make?" She dodged the sniper fire in Bosnia and Chelsea was jogging round the Trade Center when 911 occurred etc; etc; etc. Real Presidential material you can believe [[unless she gets elected to Chair the Brian Williams Biggest Whoppers Club before then). Just think if she'd have been a News Reader she'd have been kicked out decades ago.
    Last edited by coracle; April-14-15 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Born in 1947, Hillary lied when she claimed she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary for being the first to climb Mount Everest in 1953, but eh, "what difference does it make?" She dodged the sniper fire in Bosnia and Chelsea was jogging round the Trade Center when 911 occurred etc; etc; etc. Real Presidential material you can believe [[unless she gets elected to Chair the Brian Williams Biggest Whoppers Club before then). Just think if she'd have been a News Reader she'd have been kicked out decades ago.
    Being a partisan attacker MUST pay well, as it certainly doesn't help one's reputation. Unless, of course, you're anonymous and it doesn't matter.

But then, since I don't support Republicans or Democrats, maybe it's easy to recognize hypocrisy and ignorance.

I love when millionaire politicos try to act like the common people. But it only lasts until the election is over. This applies to both parties.

^^^ Absolutely!