Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default John's Carpet House and Pete's Place

I know the area though I've never been to an event. I understand it started small, now threatened with fines and ordinances!

Blues battle - Detroit man's concerts could be shut down

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28...d-be-shut-down

So, and just days after I go to support John's Carpet House at a hearing at
    36th District Court, my neighbor called the city, cites my efforts in cleaning
    up the street, and requests that the city ticket the landlord who recently bought
    a nearby house, put a new roof on it, but piled all of the possessions in the
    house high on the curb on both sides of the street rather than getting a dumpster.
    I did suggest to the neighbor that we should go enjoy the monthly blues night
    at Gracie See's sometime.

The city is citing strange things. So much wrong but good things getting tickets? Still annoyed my plated and insured car took 2 court dates to prove nothing was wrong with it.

I believe Big Pete plans to start up again May 3rd. Weather permiting, we will be there with food to pass. No donations expected personally, just hoping grateful money/donations will go to defense for this venue. A bucket gets passed around during concerts so hoping folks will be generous.

Like Pete says, it is a private party and I am not selling.

Getting a little old for civil dis-obidence but what the heck.
    Last edited by sumas; April-10-15 at 10:15 PM.