Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Reverend David Murray

Did you vote for him? Are you planning on voting for him in November?
    Freep reporting that Murray, a school board member in charge of taking care of other people's kids, has not only been ruled unfit to take care of his own, he even agreed and gave up his parental rights. Only in Detroit.

School board member gives up rights to kids
    Reverend David Murray, a Detroit school board member, agreed Wednesday to release his parental rights to four adopted children and was ordered to return to court
    later this month to discuss longer visitation sessions with his 3-year-old daughter.
    Circuit Judge Mark Slavens ordered that the toddler be placed with Murray’s wife, Tanisha Murray, provided she continues to live with the child’s grandparents. Six children were removed from the couple’s University District home last year as a result of charges that the home was in disrepair and children neglected.

Link: http://www.freep.com/article/2009080...ts-to-his-kids

I didn't vote for him and I don't understand why anyone would. If you can't take care of your own house, then how can you be the caretaker of a seemingly disfunctional Detroit Public Schools system with its multi-billion dollar budget?

I just don't understand my fellow urbanites!

I don't know why he was elected in the first place. I've heard he's a couple of quarts low

Wasn't he the guy who legally changed his name to "Reverend"?

I guess voters figured the kids have not suffered enough. Come November elections the four encumbants will be on the ballot for the four openings. Since the voters gave three of them the top votes in the primary they probably will vote them in so they will be ready to "get back to work" when Bobb leaves. Oh, and Murray was number 3 vote getter.

Yes, he changed his name to "Reverend" ...

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    Yes, he changed his name to "Reverend" ...
    Which has proven itself a very successful campaign strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I don't know why he was elected in the first place. I've heard he's a couple of quarts low
    But his literature says he has several post-graduate degrees.

Can't these claims be checked by the election commission or the Detroit News - or someone with publishing ability to counter them?

Reverend David Murray is a race baiter and a racist. Maybe that is why he gets the support he gets. If you fail at your 1st job of taking care of your own kids, how can you succeed at your second job on the school board?

stinkbug Guest

"Reverend" appears on the ballot and he's a race baiter. That's all there is to it. Lowest common denominator of Detroit politics.

i voted for no one on the ballot. all write ins.. protest votes but I don't support the current status quo for DPS.. demolish it..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    i voted for no one on the ballot. all write ins.. protest votes but I don't support the current status quo for DPS.. demolish it..
    If you want to send a message, send a telegram.

All votes are valuable. BTW, I did not vote for the "Archbishop" David Murray. I can't see how anyone could.

Default A bunch of clowns!

I didn't vote for any of those clowns on that school board. In fact on my ballot, I stated none and shaded in that box. That's the reason why that school system is in the shape it's in now, incompetent people on the board. I feel the state should continue to manage the school board. And murray, he is suppose to be minister, he's a poor example of one. Anyone can wear a clergy collar. Again, all of them are a bunch of clowns telling lies that they're looking out for the best interest of the children. Lies, they're lining they're own pockets with that money.

EXDETROITER2 Guest

This man is crazy!