Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Local artist trying to save mural at Northland Mall

I know this was a few weeks back but did anyone here of the outcome to save some of the art items at Northland such as this huge mural?? As it is on drywall I think his best bet is to capture the item digitally with a wide angle camera in sections then assemble in Photoshop. Otherwise it would have to be cut out in sections?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/a...-mall/32030966

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28...northland-mall
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-05-15 at 08:21 AM.

The amount of racist comments on the articles is sad.

Yeah, I noticed that. Several were arguing as to rather it is real 'art' or not as well. Rivera fresco it is not, but he has very strong illustration talent IMO. And I hope that he got some wide angled digital shots if nothing more to have a reference to this beautiful mural.

He is a very able airbrusher. His portraits are tight as all heck. I hope he gets thé Motown muséum to dismantle and display it somewhere.

I was very lucky to put out a picture of this back in March.