ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Jai lee dearing

Default Jai lee dearing

Jai Lee Dearing is connected to questionable fliers,
    Tv interview here from WDIV,
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/20296887/index.html
    Raw interview here,
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/20297010/index.html

I find it funny how he answers about the flier.

gravitymachine Guest

that dude was close and worked for alonzo bates, what more does anyone need to know?

Ha-ha, the questionable flier was the one that landed in my Corktown Aunt's mailbox...Jai-Lee looking as if he has a halo or a white aura around him...

...but the kicker was they spelled Reverend Vann's name incorrectly.

That one floored me. Vaan.

Of course, if he complained, we could call him Reverend Vain.

"No strings attached," apparently no clothes attached either.

I know Jai. Not well but well enough. There's no way he would be this dumb.

Knowing some of the people on his staff, that's a whole other story. He has alot of young politically connected twenty something Jack and Jill alumni types on his team.

Sometimes they can be alittle too smart for their own good or Jai could be telling the truth. Dirty politics in Detroit? The horror.

On side note, in his first run for council Jai had flyer and billboards with his pic, JFK and MLK. Now that was offensive.

Anybody see anything reminiscent of Kilpatrick in that interview?

So, NOT in dispute is that Dearing is a producer of that sort of entertainment at Bert's on broadway????

What a guy!!! What an upstanding businessman!!! He's the sort of slimy scumbag that is pandering to the bottom feeders in this City.

No vote for Dearing.
    Can't remember - did the Free Press endorse him?

I thought what the city needs is more successful businessmen on the Council. Isn't that what folks here keep saying?

diver1369 Guest

Pimps and drug dealers are successful businessmen too.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EDBL View Post
    I know Jai. Not well but well enough. There's no way he would be this dumb.
    I was thinking the same thing. He'd literally have to be little off to sign off on handing these out at Eastern Market.

As for the sort of events he holds, who besides the church ladies of the world care? If these things aren't your cup of tea, fine. If you want to argue against his business prowess or have some info concerning he's a shady businessman, that's fine too. But, you'll find yourself lonely amongst the Detroit church ladies if what you have against him is that he books smut as one part of what he does as a club owner.

I've heard of Jai-Lee, but I thought he was woman. Sorry, "Jai-Lee" sounds too feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    So, NOT in dispute is that Dearing is a producer of that sort of entertainment at Bert's on broadway????

What a guy!!! What an upstanding businessman!!! He's the sort of slimy scumbag that is pandering to the bottom feeders in this City.

No vote for Dearing.
    Can't remember - did the Free Press endorse him?
    Personally, I don't care about the type of entertainment he produces. It has an audience, it's not illegal and if you don't like it don't go.

I have more of a problem with him charging $13.00 for a shot of Patron.
    Now that's just wrong.

Well ,not only am I not going there, I'm not voting for him either. People who make a living pandering to the seamy side aren't the kind of new leaders I hope for this City.

Surely there are campaigning businessmen who don't send out campaign literature with sweet photos of themselves reading to primary school children while in real life they are booking naked lesbian love into public theaters! That disingenuous [[to use a Kilpatrick favorite word!) schoolchildren photo alone makes me distrust Dearing completely and forever.

"Our city"

Red and green on a black background. Nice signs.

I think his choice of a business DOES have a lot to do with who he really is and shouldn't be overlooked. He had the opportunity to open a business, which is a huge blessing - and that's the best he could come up with? It may not be illegal, but there's enough of that already quite available, that's all he could come up with to offer the city he loves? I think it speaks volumes about a person, IMHO, especially one wanting to be involved in city government.

Default Kwame # 2

Look very close at this man, he's nothing but another Kwame Kilpatrick.. Don't vote for this man!! Take a good look at him and his character....

That is inflammatory.

I do NOT believe there is an equality with Kilpatrick at all.

While I've not directly engaged Jai Lee, I've seen a bit of how he and his father do business. It is old school, and there is MORE than a hint of legacy involved. His father is genuine, and the folks who surround him solid. If the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I expect decent things from Jai Lee.

When Jai Lee ran for council the first time, the Kilpatrick clan were against him, if I remember correctly. That seemed one reason he didn't make any headway.

Sure, part of Jai Lee's motivation is helping to maintain his father's inner-city empire he's carefully built over the past fifty or so years...but it would take considerable convincing for me to believe self-interest is his ONLY motivation.

Pimps and drug dealers are successful businessmen too.

They are often against consider opposition, moreso than the average marketplace competition, so they may be our MOST successful entrepreneurs. Stepping up to fill some of the oldest and deepest human needs and desires...