Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Red Wings - speaking the unspeakable

The Red Wings have been terribly inconsistent this year, and I don't think it is a talent issue. That leaves??? yep. Coaching. at the very least they need a new defensive coach, but I am also pondering whether it is time to move on from Babs.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    The Red Wings have been terribly inconsistent this year, and I don't think it is a talent issue. That leaves??? yep. Coaching. at the very least they need a new defensive coach, but I am also pondering whether it is time to move on from Babs.
    Toronto wants him bad. He won't be unemployed for very long. Personally, I say keep Babcock get a new goalie.

Babcock has been real good. It's time for Jim Blashill.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Low View Post
    Babcock has been real good. It's time for Jim Blashill.
    Not trying to be a ......, it's Jeff Blashill

As for the Wings, they've been getting their butts pounded in for the better part of two months now. They're lucky they banked all those points early in the season or they wouldn't even be in the playoff picture now. Hopefully Mrazk gets hot as hell and can steal some games or a series for us, because the way they are playing, I don't have a ton of confidence in them to beat Montreal/Tampa/N.Y in the first round.

Maybe it's time we looked at the roster and made some moves that are going to have an impact. Signing Cole and Zidlicky at the deadline was OK, but that D needs some serious help; the goaltending, who the hell knows; and you need someone besides Datsyuk, Tatar, and Nyquist scoring. Anyone who thinks Abdelkader will ever match his output from this year again is out of their mind.

Babcock is a great coach but the Wings haven't been elite since 2008. It's been a good run, but it's over with this bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Not trying to be a ......, it's Jeff Blashill

As for the Wings, they've been getting their butts pounded in for the better part of two months now. They're lucky they banked all those points early in the season or they wouldn't even be in the playoff picture now. Hopefully Mrazk gets hot as hell and can steal some games or a series for us, because the way they are playing, I don't have a ton of confidence in them to beat Montreal/Tampa/N.Y in the first round.

Maybe it's time we looked at the roster and made some moves that are going to have an impact. Signing Cole and Zidlicky at the deadline was OK, but that D needs some serious help; the goaltending, who the hell knows; and you need someone besides Datsyuk, Tatar, and Nyquist scoring. Anyone who thinks Abdelkader will ever match his output from this year again is out of their mind.
    Idk watch tmrws game. It seems like every time the D move the puck up to the forwards, it's a turnover. Doesn't matter if it's in the defensive zone, or the neutral zone the forwards constantly turn the puck over and allow the other team to come back with speed on the D.

Quote Originally Posted by boater4life View Post
    Idk watch tmrws game. It seems like every time the D move the puck up to the forwards, it's a turnover. Doesn't matter if it's in the defensive zone, or the neutral zone the forwards constantly turn the puck over and allow the other team to come back with speed on the D.
    I agree with you completely. The turnovers the past two months have been astounding. The Wings were one of the best defensive teams the first half, including the PK. Now they're something like 18th in team defense, which does not bode well for struggling goalies.

Statistically, they only need to win like 2 more games to basically guarantee a playoff spot, so I don't think they will miss them, but typically this time of year you want to be hitting your stride, and they are most certainly not.

Yes, too many turnovers. Their only chance to go far in the playoffs is some kind of spectacular run from their goalkeeper[[s). With today's relative parity, anything is possible.

[QUOTE=Bobl;475049]Their only chance to go far in the playoffs is some kind of spectacular run from their goalkeeper[[s). [QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously though, we've been burned so many times by no-name/has been goalies in the playoffs, it's about time we had a goalie get hot as hell and carry us. Sadly, I just don't think were going to get that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Babcock is a great coach but the Wings haven't been elite since 2008. It's been a good run, but it's over with this bunch.
    Considering they lost in game 7 of the Finals in 2009, this is not very accurate.

mikeg19: Where there is life, there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Considering they lost in game 7 of the Finals in 2009, this is not very accurate.
    Since then they've been competitive during most of those regular seasons but over all disappointing. To me, it's all about the Playoffs.

Does that mean don't resign Babcock? I don't know - maybe they need some better players.