Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mother accused of murdering children

We have all heard and seen on the news about the recent tragedy of the abuse and death of the two children by their mother's own hands. There was a vigil this evening for the two children that were killed and the two that will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. This is what this guy had to say.......

Rev. Horace Sheffield III, the father of Councilwoman Sheffield, addressed the crowd, saying:

"We're all in the same boat," he said. "We're all going downstream. We got to get together, stay together, fight together, pray together, and move up together. Help us Lord."

Sheffield also called for "strong black leadership" in Detroit: "We can run this city. We need another Coleman Young-like mayor...I'm tired of being treated like we can't run nothing."
    Last edited by Maof; March-27-15 at 11:06 PM. Reason: does not make sense

The vigil as reported by the freep:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ezer/70544602/
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-28-15 at 02:22 PM.

"Sheffield also called for "strong black leadership" in Detroit: "We can run this city. We need another Coleman Young-like mayor...I'm tired of being treated like we can't run nothing."

Really?

Politician/Preacher.

Never let a good tragedy/crisis go to waste. He saw some cameras, got on his soap box.

Politics?

Oh what the War on Poverty has wrought. Good intentions often go awry.

Also from the same article,

The Michigan Department of Human Services is seeking to terminate Blair's parental rights and the parental rights of the fathers of her surviving children. The petition says neither father has maintained "regular and physical contact" with his children and both owe child support.

Just how many father's are involved?

I am so disillusioned by all of this, cause and effect. Seriously SMH...
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; March-28-15 at 08:12 AM.

She saw some cameras, got on her soap box.
    Her? I thought the quote was from the Rev. Horace Sheffield.

But to continue...such a very sad situation that I honestly cannot watch it on the news anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    It was and he nuts too

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Opps, corrected.

That pic of the lady mourner threw me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Because God knows there were no such entities as opportunistic demagogues prior to the mid-1960s. The fuck?

Looks like my initial post is corrected. It's Sheffield's second quote I thought was nuts.

"Sheffield also called for "strong black leadership" in Detroit: "We can run this city. We need another Coleman Young-like mayor...I'm tired of being treated like we can't run nothing."

Sounds to me like Sheffield is making an attempt to "race bait" again.
    What does "strong black leadership" mean in this case? What does he
    mean when he says "we can run this city. We need another Coleman Young
    like mayor...I'm tired of being treated like we can't run nothing."

The entire Common Council is black, aren't they strong and black? Of
    course, if you ruled out Cushingberry, Jones, and the drunk, how strong
    are they? Would/could they have prevented the death of these two children at the
    hands of their demented mother? I don't think so.

What could they have "run" that could have prevented these deaths and the
    deaths of hundreds of other young black children...either at the hands of their
    own family members or at the hands of the thugs on the street.
    According to the majority of blacks today, "black lives matter". Where is all
    the concern when blacks kill blacks, personally, I don't see it It seems to me that the only time
    those words are chanted lately is when a black is dead at the hands of a white policeman,
    otherwise, Sharpton and Jackson stay out of the picture.

The responsibility lays where it should...at the foot of the parents of these
    children.

On a side note, I am sickened by what this mother
    did to her children, the dead ones, and the ones
    that are still alive. Thank God the bodies were
    discovered and the animal is in jail, her other
    two children were more than likely next on her
    agenda to kill.
    Where were all the fathers of these children?
    These poor kids never had a chance in life because
    neither the mother or the fathers of them cared
    enough to keep them safe. Even the families of
    these kids could have done more to find them and
    give them a safe haven. There's a lot of blame to
    go around, but it shouldn't be put on the shoulders
    of others Rev. Sheffield...look in your own backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Because God knows there were no such entities as opportunistic demagogues prior to the mid-1960s. The fuck?
    This is what I meant...

This below.

The Michigan Department of Human Services is seeking to terminate Blair's parental rights and the parental rights of the fathers of her surviving children. The petition says neither father has maintained "regular and physical contact" with his children and both owe child support.

Just how many father's are involved?

As for the post about opportunistic demagogues, no argument from me.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post

The entire Common Council is black,
    That might be news to Raquel Castañeda-López and Gabe Leland

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    That might be news to Raquel Castañeda-López and Gabe Leland
    Stand corrected...majority black.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    We have all heard and seen on the news about the recent tragedy of the abuse and death of the two children by their mother's own hands. There was a vigil this evening for the two children that were killed and the two that will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. This is what this guy had to say.......

Rev. Horace Sheffield III, the father of Councilwoman Sheffield, addressed the crowd, saying:

"We're all in the same boat," he said. "We're all going downstream. We got to get together, stay together, fight together, pray together, and move up together. Help us Lord."

Sheffield also called for "strong black leadership" in Detroit: "We can run this city. We need another Coleman Young-like mayor...I'm tired of being treated like we can't run nothing."
    Can we have the title of this thread changed? This conversation is not about the case involving the woman murdering her children.

He's just moving his lips to what he feels the audience wants to hear. Nonsense and rhetoric deluxe!

Looks like my initial post is corrected. It's Sheffield's second quote I thought was nuts.

So shit like that never happened when Coleman Young was mayor and it's all Mike Duggan's fault?

How about Kwame when he gets out in 20 years ??

Almost as disgusting as the actual acts are the people online and apparently on television trying to politicize this.

This was obviously a woman who was very ill, but functional enough to go undetected who abused and murdered her children. There is next to nothing "leadership", "black leadership," "the community," or "the black community" could have done to prevent this or should be doing now, except maybe drumming up the political will for a functional mental health system in this country.

Anything else is just naked opportunism and I'll be glad when this city becomes smart enough to become poor pasture for those types.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...d_news_article

Child Protective Services, once in September 2002 and again in February 2005, substantiated claims of child neglect or abuse committed by Blair, however, she retained custody of her children.
    There is no statewide mechanism that alerts administrators or child care professionals to check on students who are removed from a school system.

I feel really sorry for the black folks in America that there are systematically and emotionally oppressed that they oppress their own children and let them loose like wild animals to rob, steal and kill like the Devil. I feel really sorry for the black Detroit single mother that she is under pressure of taking care of their almost grown children that she has to kill them both [[ritually) for their domestic abuse.

Yes, Rev. Sheffield calls for black folks to stick together. But about 68% black females making babies, playing mother goose and playing house. Plus 40 percent of black males will end up in prison for their violent crimes. They will be no future for them. They only way they can get a future is repent, turn to God [[ not the God of their enemies) and do church work. Then they will turn away from crime, adultery, lust. They have enough common sense to go back to school, get an education, get a job, home of their own and beat racial biases while exercising their civil rights.

I would Rev. Sheffield this, Black folks in Detroit are done with the Coleman Young to Kwame Kilpatrick conspiracies. This city don't any politicians that look like them. Detroit needs new leadership that get the job done. Mike Duggan is one of them. If he is no-longer running for mayor of Detroit. Hopefully another politician who believes in regionalism, low crime, and getting public services to work will do the job and not succumb to bad media coverage.
    Last edited by Danny; March-29-15 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    Almost as disgusting as the actual acts are the people online and apparently on television trying to politicize this.

This was obviously a woman who was very ill, but functional enough to go undetected who abused and murdered her children. There is next to nothing "leadership", "black leadership," "the community," or "the black community" could have done to prevent this or should be doing now, except maybe drumming up the political will for a functional mental health system in this country.

Anything else is just naked opportunism and I'll be glad when this city becomes smart enough to become poor pasture for those types.
    Not to sure about that second paragraph you wrote. I have a family with two kids living next to me, I see both of them and their parents all the time, if I suddenly didn't I would sure wonder what the hell happened.

I can't believe some of you are turning this tragedy, into something racial. We've seen this plenty of times before, by mothers of ALL races, killing their children. I don't need to reference past cases, because there are plenty out there, all over the country and world. If anything, the awareness of mental illness needs to be addressed more actively, than what's being done now. That obviously is where the problem lies.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; March-29-15 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Not to sure about that second paragraph you wrote. I have a family with two kids living next to me, I see both of them and their parents all the time, if I suddenly didn't I would sure wonder what the hell happened.
    You may wonder what happened to the kids, but would you go over and ask the adults where they are? If you did, what do you think they would tell you? They are with grandparents, they are with their mom or dad, OR, it's none of your business. Whatever they would tell you, you'd have to accept it OR call DHS and ask them to investigate.

I have a family across the street from me with 3 kids. I didn't see the kids all winter long, and usually they are outside quite a bit of the time. I wondered if they were staying with Grandma, but I wasn't alarmed or thinking that they may be in a freezer, dead. My mind doesn't run along those lines. They were there, just trying to stay warm and playing their video games.
    This person [[I have a very hard time even thinking of her as a human being) had one kid after another in order to get more welfare, I'm sure. She didn't care about them, didn't give them any kind of loving attention; the fathers were out of the picture, and the kids were doomed from the moment they were born. The two children that are left are going to have lots of problems trying to cope with the outside world after seeing what they saw and living with what they were forced to live with. Scared out of their minds by a sick animal of a mother who was only looking out for herself. I don't believe a word from her about them sexually abusing the other child...that's just a phony reason she thought to tell the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I can't believe some of you are turning this tragedy, into something racial. We've seen this plenty of times before, by mothers of ALL races, killing their children. I don't need to reference past cases, because there are plenty out there, all over the country and world. If anything, the awareness of mental illness needs to be addressed more actively, than what's being done now. That obviously is where the problem lies.
    Did you read the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    Did you read the first post?
    What do you think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast