Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Did benzinga actually move to downtown?

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...roit/19642347/

Odd that The founder of Benzinga was speaking about Oakland County Tech Startups?

http://www.candgnews.com/news/county...ompanies-80644

Has Brooksie sweetened the pot to keep him in OC? What's going on here?

It appears not [[yet). Their website still lists their Southfield address. Though any move is difficult, and remember this is Detroit no deadline will ever be met.

EDIT: You do realize the C&G article is from January, right? Which means they could have moved already and haven't updated anything yet.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; March-23-15 at 10:53 AM.

Not sure if Benzinga made the move downtown yet. However hopefully L Brooks is appeased a little that Ally and Covisint are both taking a considerable number of employees out of the city and into the green pastures of Southfield.

I would not be so sure on Ally yet. It is my understanding that the move to Southfeild is not a done deal and that the City if fighting hard to keep them.

Interesting to watch this thread, but individual battles for employee don't tell us very much about anything. Watch the trend. And resist the temptation to spend every new dollar in tax revenue on some new program or benefit. Take the lessons of bankruptcy. 1) Put on your own oxygen mask first [[fire, police, trash), then... 2) fix your structural administrative problems [[increase efficiency), then... 3) treat your employees fairly [[restore pension cuts starting at the bottom of the pay scales, and never restore payments to anyone already making more than $50k/yr.)

If you just do things right, Detroit will thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    I would not be so sure on Ally yet. It is my understanding that the move to Southfeild is not a done deal and that the City if fighting hard to keep them.
    I've heard differently about Ally. And not to be rude, but you also claimed that One Detroit Center was nearly fully leased, and that is not the case. So i'm not sure you're a credible source. Trust me, i'd be thrilled if Ally chose to stay in the city, even more thrilled if they consolidated in the city, but i don't think that's likely to happen.

My information on One Detroit Center came from the leasing folks, which I took as a reliable source. They claimed that the building was more leased up than the website showed. Now, did they exaggerate? Probably, leasing folks tend to do that. Did I believe them, sure, because my office is in One Detroit and there has been a noticeable uptick in foot traffic over the past few years. What is the real occupancy? It's probably somewhere in between.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...roit/72969918/

Well this article should answer the OP's question. Nice to see that they did indeed move.

If we are going to bump old stuff may as well add this. Ally did stay downtown and they did in fact decide to consolidate

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ally-fin...oit-1427833236