Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Who writes this stuff anyway? Detroit road rage incident.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28...-rage-incident

Can anyone tell what the "incident" actually was here? I liked the news better when they actually said what happened without all the bullshit.

Stopping to "talk" to a pissed off tailgater is a bad idea and so is "putting your car in park to get out your phone camera". Then again so is merging at 30 mph. But which was it?

When dealing with anything from Fox 2, you should not have very high expectations of the product [[except for their broadcast of Judge Judy).
    Last edited by 313WX; March-21-15 at 09:03 AM.

Judging by the photo, the black impala stopped behind this guy. Which means he stopped on the ramp. To do what? And the news posts a picture of the most boring, most plentiful car on the road as if a 2010 Impala is hard to identify, in the hopes that "someone will come forward".

Hey rocket scientist who got punched, next time shoot a pic of the license plate after you LET THE GUY PASS and good luck getting the cops to do anything except maybe write you a ticket for impeding traffic. Probably a better choice than stopping on an ON RAMP to take a picture of a tailgater.

They need to to let me write these stories from now on lol

My husband is an absolute purist, when it comes to the written word. Reporting is just terrible, TV or paper form.

Well, my goodness, these reporters are all college graduates, are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Well, my goodness, these reporters are all college graduates, are they not?
    That is what causes the problem. Journalism is now an academic pursuit like medicine or engineering rather than a job that you work your way up to via being the errand boy and the copy desk.

Interesting comment Hermod. We have an over-reliance on formal education.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    That is what causes the problem. Journalism is now an academic pursuit like medicine or engineering rather than a job that you work your way up to via being the errand boy and the copy desk.
    You make me nostalgic, my Dad started in the mail room for a corporate giant before WWII, came back, his job secure. Got to a very high level before he retired. Got called in many times as a consultant. Work your way up is maybe a thing of the past. Sad!

This is so true. Grandfather was in the mail room before the War at Chrysler, then worked his way up the parts division afterwards, retiring in 1979.

Us Millennials are finding out we need a job to get experience and experience to get the job.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; March-24-15 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    This is so true. Grandfather was in the mail room before the War at Chrysler, then worked his way up the parts division afterwards, retiring in 1979.

Us Millennials are finding out we need a job to get experience and experience to get the job.
    Don't forget an expensive college degree. Even file clerk positions at the Big 3 Automakers require a degree now.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    In the 1960s, you would get asked "what's your military obligation status?" when you applied for a job.

In the 1960s, you would get asked "what's your military obligation status?" when you applied for a job.
    Here's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Don't forget an expensive college degree. Even file clerk positions at the Big 3 Automakers require a degree now.
    I've even heard some MacDonalds across the country want a degree.