Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Döner Kebab - Food of the gods. Even though I'm not a big fan of meat, I would eat DK every day were it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    While it is a red sauce, it is not ketchup based nor sweet. A rather thin sauce with a slight smokey taste. Made right on the premisis.

d.mcc, from eastbound I-4, get off at Lee Road. Turn right and go about 3/4 to one mile. Small place on the left hand side. It's about two blocks before Lee Road dead ends. Picnic tables outside [[and inside). If you go, please report back as to your findings. In my opinion, it is well worth the trip. If you go at lunch or dinner time, expect to wait a few minutes.
    I plan on making the trip tomorrow!

The wings at Flanigan's are damn good. Chain based in Miami/Southern Florida.

REAL jerk chicken from one of those roadside stands on the road from kingston to discovery bay

LodgeDodger Guest

Rum Jumby juice from St. Maartin

Ohhhhh, yummy! If anyone knows of a supplier, or is going to St. Maartin, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    I plan on making the trip tomorrow!
    Bon Appetit. Get the big sandwich, the small one is for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Döner Kebab - Food of the gods. Even though I'm not a big fan of meat, I would eat DK every day were it here.
    as long as it's not Donner Kebabs...

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

Now that's sick. Funny too!

Nah. Those are avaiable only in the Sierra Nevada region of California.

If you want sick, try Rocky Mountain oysters. Eeeww!

Jman...

one word...

Fantasmagoric...

Jman...

one word...

Fantasmagoric...

d.mcc, I'm glad you liked it. I started to worry though. It seems that lately, every time I recommend a restaurant or repair shop or any other establishment, the person I recommend it to comes back with a horror story. Maybe this will break that cycle.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    Now that's sick. Funny too!
    Hilarious!

Jman...

I went yesterday around 2 and took your advice. Except I got half-hot/half-reg and it was awesome, got the beans on the side, throw in a bud light and a nice seat...oh man, it was worth the 25 minute drive and I would def. go back
    Last edited by d.mcc; April-10-09 at 01:27 PM.

Jman...

I went yesterday around 2 and took your advice. Except I got half-hot/half-reg and it was awesome, got the beans on the side, throw in a bud light and a nice seat...oh man, it was worth the 25 minute drive and I would def. go back
    I forgot about the beans, they are great. Did you pull the Bud Light out of the wash tub filled with ice?

If we were 25 minutes away they would see us three times a week. When we go down to Florida for a week, we get to Bubbaloo's at least three times. Last time, we had lunch and dinner there on the same day.

Back in the 90's I use to go to Ottawa, Ont. for computer training twice a year. Another attendee was from Orlando. One evening at the bar we were talking about B.B.Q. and this fellow tells me that if I am ever in Orlando, he can recommend the best B.B.Q. in the area. I told him that I already knew the best spot. When he challenged me, I told him Bubbaloo's in Maitland. He was amazed as that was the place he was going to recommend. 6 months later he arrived at the hotel in Ottawa and had brought me a quart of their sauce that he had packed on ice. I was more than impressed by this gentlemans thoughtfullness.

Side note to Ghettopalmetto, As d.mcc will attest, there are some Floridians that know what B.B.Q. is all about.

LodgeDodger Guest

Rock shrimp nachos from the Riverwalk Restaurant in Naples, FL. It's located in the Tin City area. Gosh, I'd sure love some of them right now with a cold one!

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    chipped ham - from around the Pittsburgh area.
    Love chipped ham! BTW, I'm in Florida, but our local grocery store just started carrying chopped ham, they offer Oscar Myer packaged and also at the Deli. You may be able to find it in one of the larger chain stores.

Lferg - Whenever we would visit my Pennsylvania grandparents a stack of chipped ham was always in the fridge for quick sandwiches with grandpa's homegrown tomatoes and leaf lettuce with mayo.

Chipped ham has a certain flavor to it that I've never found around here. I'll be on the lookout though - thanks for the tip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2