Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Who is Debbie Schlussel?

So who is this lady? I know she has a website up with tacky movie reviews and political gossip but who is she? What does she do? Is she some Coulter-style talking head? She is from the Detroit area so this could be a Detroit-related thread. It seems to me that her writings and "articles" are borderline hate speech. I mean, she really does hate Arabs and basically comes just short of verbally admitting it.

lilpup Guest

She's very much a Jewish Coulter with ten times the hate. She's made appearances on the cable political screamfest shows in the past.

She has a website for her screeds, but you'll have to wash your eyes after reading it.

So who is this lady?
    Former journalist for the Detroit News.

I know she has a website up with tacky movie reviews and political gossip but who is she?
    Just another right-wing screaming head like Malkin and Coulter

What does she do?
    Host http://www.debbieschlussel.com

Is she some Coulter-style talking head?
    She is a clone except she is Jewish and is local.

She is from the Detroit area so this could be a Detroit-related thread. It seems to me that her writings and "articles" are borderline hate speech. I mean, she really does hate Arabs and basically comes just short of verbally admitting it.
    I believe she called Dearborn Dearbornistan.

Hope this help. She is on Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Schlussel

As stated, she's a local yokel. However at one time [[in the 1990s) she had some limited national exposure as a periodic panelist on ABC's "Politically Incorrect" with Bill Maher, as was Coulter. I don't have cable, so I don't know whether she has ever appeared on his 'Real Time' show.

As the proliferation of these obnoxious media whore commentators exploded through the late 90s through the 00s, they became less and less of a unique commodity. There's no need to go through the expense of flying in a right wingnut from Detroit when there are more than enough of the home-grown variety in any given city.

She called in to The Howard Stern Show several times after 9/11, where she was repeatedly and justly excoriated for her WHARRRGARRBLLL. Howard loved to let her blather on while he, Robin, etc. would mock her.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthe405 View Post
    As stated, she's a local yokel. However at one time [[in the 1990s) she had some limited national exposure as a periodic panelist on ABC's "Politically Incorrect" with Bill Maher, as was Coulter. I don't have cable, so I don't know whether she has ever appeared on his 'Real Time' show.

As the proliferation of these obnoxious media whore commentators exploded through the late 90s through the 00s, they became less and less of a unique commodity. There's no need to go through the expense of flying in a right wingnut from Detroit when there are more than enough of the home-grown variety in any given city.
    I think one of the issues about her is that she has a nasty habit of ripping on fellow Republicans though she is GOP. She would be a loose cannon on TV. Once I caught her postings on Malkin's blog ripping on Nolan Finley. Multiple postings claiming he is a Muslim sympathizer, etc..

Just for __it and giggles she recently won a lawsuit about a stalker or someone bothering her. Beware when it comes to Debbie.

She is a nut, but she is the one that sprung the whole La Shish/Hezbolah link and Tahil Shaheen's involvment in an international money laundering and money funneling thing. Which led to a uncovering Shaheen's sisters sham marriages to homeless men ... one sister had enlisted in the US Army and had high security clearance while stationed in Iraq.

Not a fan of Debbie, but... guess even a blind squirl finds the occasional acorn.

Schlussel is not a "former journalist for the Detroit News."

She had a freelance op-ed piece or two run by the editorial page, that's it.

I've met Debbie on multiple occasions, and, though her views are generally far to one side of the political spectrum, she also happens to be super smart, and very well-educated. I know she has a law degree and an MBA.

Regarding her calling Dearborn "Dearbornistan", is that worse than West Bloomfield [[where she's lived in the past, and may still live), being called "West Jewfield" [[which I've heard many times, sometimes jokingly from Jews themselves, and other times from people who weren't Jewish)?

Quote Originally Posted by Atwater View Post
    I've met Debbie on multiple occasions, and, though her views are generally far to one side of the political spectrum, she also happens to be super smart, and very well-educated. I know she has a law degree and an MBA.

Regarding her calling Dearborn "Dearbornistan", is that worse than West Bloomfield [[where she's lived in the past, and may still live), being called "West Jewfield" [[which I've heard many times, sometimes jokingly from Jews themselves, and other times from people who weren't Jewish)?
    Don't forget she referred to Fordson High as "Hezbollah High"

I for one am also super-smart and I didn't question her intelligence. I am sure she is very intelligent but she is very out-spoken when it comes to the Arab population here in Metro Detroit. I read a number of her blogs and she is out there. She is no different from Michelle Malkin and Ann Coulter. Very one sided with no wiggle room to come with another POV.

Downtown diva Guest

honestly, i have nothing against people of the Jewish persuasion.

I want nothing to do with the rants about her Jewishness.

I am not someone who cares about it, nor should my discussion be confused with any of this...no offense.

AS MANY OF YOU CAN TELL, i am not one to believe in these conspiracy theories, such as the 9/11 truthers or the Birthers.

I also dont blame the Jewish people for the problems of the world. Her jewishness, therefore should have noting to do with this convo. Deal?

WHile i would most assuredly agree that she is a raving lunatic and a racist, it doesnt allow me to say anything other than that.

"Now, these tawdry tales I'd like to here, Diva. lol There are few things more sweet than seeing unabashed and unashamed bigots get their social comeuppance"

Now that we have not Monica to kick around any more ... lol!

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown diva View Post

I am not someone who cares about it, nor should my discussion be confused with any of this...no offense.

AS MANY OF YOU CAN TELL, i am not one to believe in these conspiracy theories, such as the 9/11 truthers or the Birthers.

I also dont blame the Jewish people for the problems of the world. Her jewishness, therefore should have noting to do with this convo. Deal?

WHile i would most assuredly agree that she is a raving lunatic and a racist, it doesnt allow me to say anything other than that.
    What the hell was that in response to? You are quite frankly certifiably unstable. No one here attacked her "Jewishness," and you go off into this weird, defensive out-of-control spin. Really, what is wrong with you? Here I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt after you last TMI posts, and then you actually manage to top your former craziness? Bravo.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; August-05-09 at 11:57 PM.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown diva View Post

In this case her Jewishness has very much to do with it because her anti-Arab rants are very much rooted in it.

She use to be one of the hosts on the Michael Stein show on 1310AM. She also had a show on 97.1 a few years ago during this time she would call in to the other radio shows on that station. At one point, she had a small feud with Peter Werbe; this lasted until she was let go from 97.1. During that program she badmouthed management and said that a liberal would be replacing her [[a lib by the name Bill O'Rielly).

Like others have said she is a hateful individual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIWfk...D537F8&index=0

There is absolutely no way she could be on TV. Hell, even her voice scares me. Now I know why she sticks to writing as her main form of communication. She looks like she could be one of the keebler elves. People would flip the channel fast!