Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Northwest Detroit Neighborhood Name Help?

There's a lot of discussion on here about Detroit neighborhoods, both present-day and gone by, so I figured this might be the best place to ask!

In the late 1940s, my grandparents built a house on Marlowe Street between 7 Mile and Vassar, between Greenfield and the Lodge, where my dad, uncle, and aunt grew up. I've Google and Bing Map zoomed as close to and far away from the house as I could, but no label ever appears: does anyone know if that neighborhood, or even the surrounding area, ever had a name beyond just "Northwest Detroit"? I've asked my dad, and he said he wasn't sure.

Just curious. Thank you!

[[Oh, and flashback to that post about the mysterious Jewish cemetery on Jefferson - I asked my dad, he said my mom must've been confused [[or teasing me), there was never a cemetery at or near the corner of Jefferson and Fiske. Thanks all again for your help though, if only it were a real place...)
    Last edited by knwb; March-10-15 at 02:24 PM.

I had a relatively who used to live over there and I don't remember it being called anything other than the street intersections.

Eh, I figured that was probably the case. Thanks!

I have an aunt and uncle who have lived on Marlowe & 7 mile for over 40 years. I don't ever remember them calling that area anything in particular.