Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Avoid the Mack Bridge westbound 3/10/2015

Part of my continuing public service, if you drive on the East side...please avoid the westbound Mack bridge between Conner and St. Jean for the next few days. They're down to one lane in each direction, due to long-needed resurfacing, but funnel the westbound traffic over an 1/8th scale rendering of the GRAND FUCKING CANYON, complete with raw rebar representing the flights of touring helicopters over the abyss.

When I drove through there this morning, thankfully in the other direction...I encountered three lemmings following their king, who'd gone the wrong way around the barricades...despite VERY clear double-yellow striped lane taping...stopping up traffic to gawk at the two poor souls who'd lost their right front tires in the faux-canyon, behind whom were another three innocents stuck in the barricade-funnel.

This makes four cars damaged within our limited two-day travels past this area, after our near-miss yesterday morning. The fault is the lane-creators, for not putting a temporary fill in that cavern before forcing everyone to drive into it. Fuckers.
    Last edited by Gannon; March-10-15 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks for the heads up, need to drive that way tomorrow.

On the drive home, we took a close look...and the road crew filled the canyon, and two other monsters nearby. Yay.

Warning cleared.

Best defense against potholes is properly inflated tires. Can't believe how many people drive around with one or more tires really low.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Best defense against potholes is properly inflated tires. Can't believe how many people drive around with one or more tires really low.
    Thanks for the reminder, need an oil change , always have them check fluids for car. Will ask them to check tire pressure too. Crap, I need an over haul also.

Goddaamnit. Drove over this Morning. March 10. Missed Gannon's warning. Jefferson or Warren the go to route till they clean it up.