Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Faygo Cane Sugar

Harbor Town Spartan FoodStore. Do not usually go there but after spring shearing friend and I stopped in for wrap sadwiches and sundries. Lo and behold, spied and bought Faygo Original Artificially Flavored Rock and Rye Cream Soda.

Wonder of Wonders. No high fructose corn syrup. Sweetened with with cane sugar. What a difference in taste ands so-called "mouth feel". Try it, I think you will like it.

As the old commecials said "Which way did he go, Which way did he go, he went for Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaygo".

Do yourself a flavor.

Now if only Michigan beet sugar could be added to the mix we could have a pure michigan product on the shelf. From what I hear, beet sugar is a little too bitter for delicate comestibles. Let us know your thoughts. Long live Log Cabin and Big Chief. Always in my cupboard along with Diamond Salt.

Nice, how much did they hit you up for it?!

Faygo makes their original SIX flavors with real sugar...in glass bottles.

Believe it or not, after the first year...back in 2009...the decision-maker was going to cancel this lineup. I heard from their rep, who respectfully passed on my comment to the guy that he was the biggest idiot in the beverage world if he made this wonderful stuff go away...all because he was expecting the same sales curve as he'd grown accustomed to with the poison-sweetened product.

A month or so later, their Root Beer made a national Top Five listing from a foodie magazine.

This is some of the last soda I'll allow myself to drink...but it is a treat, not a daily intake. Don't think my digestive system could handle such an assault anyways.

Cheers!

Glass bottles. You got it. Keeps the fizz in. Approx $1.29 + $0.10 a bottle. Not so bad and I was in a grumpy spending mood. Tasty. Bought some Reed's Ginger Beer. Will pair with Lil Dutch Girl Ginger Snaps, out of Abiline, Texas [[sometimes, Mexico) and will let you know whether or not I ha e a tongue left in a few days;

Must get back to Bewitched on 62 sub 2.
    Last edited by ronaldj; March-10-15 at 03:03 AM. Reason: corrected price

Glass bottles. You got it. Keeps the fizz in. Approx $1.29 + $0.10 a bottle. Not so bad and I was in a grumpy spending mood. Tasty. Bought some Reed's Ginger Beer. Will pair with Lil Dutch Girl Ginger Snaps, out of Abiline, Texas [[sometimes, Mexico) and will let you know whether or not I ha e a tongue left in a few days;<br><br>

Must get back to Bewitched on 62 sub 2.

Always liked ginger beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldj View Post
    Now if only Michigan beet sugar could be added to the mix we could have a pure michigan product on the shelf. From what I hear, beet sugar is a little too bitter for delicate comestibles. Let us know your thoughts. Long live Log Cabin and Big Chief. Always in my cupboard along with Diamond Salt.
    Now if only Log Cabin still came in the little red house shaped cans with the spout as a chimney and the log, door, and window details still printed out on the exterior. After we finished a can, my grandmother would clean it out so we could play with it. My brother and i had about a dozen of them in our toy box. I wonder what they would be worth today.

My mother always followed the depression era economy of serving pancakes or waffles as Saturday night dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    Always liked ginger beer.
    Kroger now carrying Cock&Bull Ginger Beer. This was the original for making Moscow Mules. Made with cane sugar comes in 4pk glass bottles. Good stuff. Great to sip on its own without the vodka. If you make it out to Ann Arbor hit up Cost Plus store next to Briarwood Mall for Bundeburg Ginger Beer from Australia. Really good. In Windsor look for Grace Island Ginger Beer at Fresh Co stores, a spicy Jamaican style ginger beer. Used to get Ginsing Up Ginger Beer at Honey Bee market but they didn't have it last time I was there. Yes, I am a ginger beer fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Kroger now carrying Cock&Bull Ginger Beer. This was the original for making Moscow Mules. Made with cane sugar comes in 4pk glass bottles. Good stuff. Great to sip on its own without the vodka. If you make it out to Ann Arbor hit up Cost Plus store next to Briarwood Mall for Bundeburg Ginger Beer from Australia. Really good. In Windsor look for Grace Island Ginger Beer at Fresh Co stores, a spicy Jamaican style ginger beer. Used to get Ginsing Up Ginger Beer at Honey Bee market but they didn't have it last time I was there. Yes, I am a ginger beer fanatic.

We discovered a triple-distilled ginger beer that is wonderful. Trouble is, the stuff only shows up in the stores once a year, and it is so good it sells out immediately. Last year we bought a case of it...and half of it still exists down in the cellar. I rarely pour more than a half-cup of it, rationing it out carefully. It is worth the effort...I'd buy it if it was triple the price.

Ronaldj is supposed to drink zero alchohol after extensive major surgery last year. In a mean mood, I call him my gutless wonder. Perhaps someone could start listing ginger beers, other distinctive drinks that I can buy on line. He has traveled the world is an adventuresome eater.

Maybe I can amuse him with can sugar products. Or other such "craft" beverages. Suggestions welcome.

Thank you for the heads up for products frm Windsor. Keeping this an international forum. Anything you can suggest regarding non-alcoholic drinks would be appreciated. Not adverse to booze, just can not tolerate it.

I have a weakness for Faygo. Cherry is my all time fave.

Faygo, Faygo, eztra dry Faygo [[gingerale jingle on TV).