Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What's up in HamTown?

The News and the Freep only say the police chief is on leave, but little else. They both quote the Mayor doing the Sgt. Schultz routine.

Now he's resigned and still no information. Somebody must know something.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Now he's resigned and still no information. Somebody must know something.
    I don't know anything except what's been reported, but I guess the general consensus is that he city manager was behind it. She instituted a gag order for officials, reconfigured the City Council meetings to tamp down on people airing their discontent, and then went after Max. Or, as somebody close to the action opined, "the city manager didnt like chief. She suspended him and is now in search of a reason."

The city manager is annoying as all get out. There has become a vacuum in terms of transparency for a while now

I liked Max a lot. This is very strange. The Hamtramck Review said that we may never know.... The police chief of a previous town in which she worked was also forced out of office, a couple years before she was forced out of office.

I guess just let her lead and see what happens. If she is acting randomly, it will eventually catch up to her. Best of luck to Max! the Review said he had no idea what was going on either.

I also really liked Max.

Haven't seen the new city manager in person yet, but her picture in the Review made me think of a tenant I once had who was absolutely crazy.

Also, the new city manager's bio sounds a little off. I mean, she's from Florida...