Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 2015 Detroit Tigers

The Tigers started off their major leagues spring training season with a 15-2 thumping of the Baltimore Orioles, the team that knocked them out of playoffs in a humiliating three game sweep last fall.

No big deal and totally insignificant I know. What counts more is its harbinger effect -- that another brutal winter will soon end and the seven months of warm weather is about to begin. Hearing scores from spring training on awful winter day like yesterday's slush storm is heartening, like spotting the first robin in the back yard. Just talking about baseball make me feel a bit warmer.

So what are your thoughts on this year's team, its prospects and your predictions. I'll step to the plate first and predict 88 wins which will give them just enough to secure a wild card slot in the playoffs. Play ball!

One week 'till individual game tickets are on sale! I'm not much of a predictor maker, I'm just ready for some baseball.

This should be a good team, a little more fun to watch with more athleticism at ss, cf and lf. What scares me is everyone is rightfully worried if Cabrera & Martinez can stay healthy. These guys still have a combined 14 yrs. left on their contracts! Martinez tore his meniscus not with some fancy weight machine but playing catch in the street with his brother.

They should be really entertaining and they should contend. What else can you hope for? Bullpen is a question mark, defense looks better, let's hope they get healthy by opening day or close to it. Bring on April!

Need to move Avila......bye, see-ya, check the rear tail lights.

It all comes down to relief pitching, but right now my only concern is surviving this winter.