ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default About Lafayette Park

How is living over there?

quite lovely.

Stay away from Lafayette Towers

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Really? Why?

I like it. Close to downtown and Eastern Market activity, but quiet itself since it is mostly residential. Reasonably affordable, there is a grocer and dollar store, plus a couple restaurants, for daily living. Eastern Market is very close as well, and has a bunch of stores. Easy access to highways, if you plan to drive, and a reasonable walk/bike from downtown if not. Overall, people are pretty nice and good neighbors, and it's relatively safe.

I live in Lafayette Towers, which is... ok? Management is pretty bad and little things go wrong here and there. However, the apartments are big and pretty reasonable prices, and the problems are only here and there. If you don't have high expectations, it's not too bad a place. The worst part is probably how cold it is in the winter [[I'm on a corner too), but a few sweatshirts and heaters do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I wasn't planning on going there anyway.