Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default "Detroit: Now Hiring" Billboards in NYC

So reads some billboards in New York City according to an article by Luis Aguilar of the Detroit News.

"The New York City owner of a soon-to-open Thai restaurant in Corktown is touting the opportunities in the Motor City to New Yorkers in a big way. Four billboards are being put up in the Big Apple — two in Manhattan and two in Brooklyn — that declare, "Detroit: Now Hiring."

The first two of four billboards went up Wednesday morning, with one going up in the SoHo neighborhood. Another two will be put up in the next few days in Brooklyn's Bushwick neighborhood, said Courtney Henriette, one of three owners of Katoi, a restaurant in the works at 2520 Michigan Avenue. Henriette wasn't sure of the location of the other Manhattan billboard that went up Wednesday.

"The idea really is to spread the word about Detroit as far as we can. We love the idea of Detroit being appealing to talented people from New York or anywhere," she said."

Read Full Detroit News Article Here>>

Love it. Put these up all across America.

Cool!

And excited to hear of this new Thai restaurant.

Hey, New York! We have Coneys, cider mills, a Dutch presence, good falafel, and bottle returns [[twice the value!!!) here, also. Did I forget to mention Madonna, Robin Williams, and David Spade once went to the bathroom here?

Love Courtney Henriette and Brad Greenhill, and NYC partner Phil Kakfa is just a delight. Chef Brad's Khao Soi [[curry noodle bowl) for Katoi was easily the most delicious thing I ate in 2014.

He's cooking at Motor City Wine for their [[guest chef) Sundaylicious series this Sunday evening, March 1, if anyone is interested in a preview taste.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1547698238840237

Posted by 1953: "Love it. Put these up all across America."

I'm with you on that 1953!

I think this is an awesome idea. Besides New York has way too many people.
    Let some of them come here. We have plenty of room.