Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gilbert’s team trespasses, installs cameras on downtown buildings without permission

Gotta know who's going where for lunch and how long they take.

Next, can Gilbert fix the water damage in the Stott without DDI's permission? Or renovate the Park Avenue Building without Sachs' permission?

I would hope that the issue was a mistake. I'll be interested to hear what Bedrock has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I would hope that the issue was a mistake. I'll be interested to hear what Bedrock has to say.
    According to Neavling, Bedrock didn't return requests for comment.

Gilbert also has surveillance cameras inside the newsrooms of the Detroit News and Free Press, which rent a building from Bedrock. Reporters have privately complained.
    Where's this at?

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post

Where's this at?
    The Federal Reserve Building.

Here's another interesting tidbit, the building is facing foreclosure according to this source: http://www.encoremichigan.com/article.html?article=5601

Default Here's the article...

Chris Jaszczak heard the high-pitched sound of a drill grinding into the brick wall of his coffee shop and black box theater in downtown Detroit.
    After peeking into the alley behind his building at 1515 Broadway, Jaszczak was shocked when he saw someone installing a surveillance camera on his brick wall.

Turns out, employees for Dan Gilbert’s Bedrock Real Estate Services were ordered to place surveillance cameras on the rear of 1515 Broadway and the Detroit Beer Company without gaining permission from the owners, who are angry about the discovery.
    The cameras are among hundreds installed downtown by Bedrock in the past few years, sending live feeds to a secretive command center in Chase Tower where security guards keep an eye on the video 24/7.
    “What gets me is the audacity to drill into my property without even asking,” Jaszczak said. “It’s not the cameras that bother me. It’s not having the courtesy to ask first.”
    The devices are facing the alley near several buildings owned by Gilbert, including 1500 Woodward, the Madison and the Small Plates building, which sits between 1515 Broadway and the Detroit Beer Company.
    Gilbert also has surveillance cameras inside the newsrooms of the Detroit News and Free Press, which rent a building from Bedrock. Reporters have privately complained.
    Bedrock didn’t return requests for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Here's another interesting tidbit, the building is facing foreclosure according to this source: http://www.encoremichigan.com/article.html?article=5601

I'm about 99% sure that has been resolved, and that article is an old article with a new date. It's referencing a rally / etc that happened a year or two ago.

I wouldn't return calls from that idiot either. Neavling loves overhyping non-stories.

Unbelievable! first it was picking up garbage then replacing sidewalks leading to rebuilding exit ramps out of his pocket now safer nieghborhoods. Where will this madness end? We must stop him before he starts sending Detroit kids to college!

So Rock defaced a building to put up one of the cameras that caught the kids defacing buildings last summer?