Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The Other Problem: What is Faygo Rock & Rye?

This was an issue brought up about Dr. Pepper. Well, here is the more Detroit-appropriate prequel. What is Faygo Rock & Rye?

We all know Redpop is a strawberry drink that goes great with pepperoni pizza. Most of the other Faygo products are self-explanatory. I guess the short-lived Arctic Sun drink was made from the carbonated sweat of polar bears.

Yet, Rock & Rye is a long withstanding institution within itself. There are answers to be had. If we don't delve into them soon, Michael Moore will take a camera crew with him and attempt to crawl into a 2L bottle without invite. So, what do you ruminate, speculate, or postulate on the matter?

If anyone wants to add a "poll check-off" like the one that appeared with the Dr. Pepper thread, please do so with much creativity, since I haven't learned how to initiate that function as of yet.

it's like cola, red pop and cream soda in one bottle

..................................Love it!

I can only drink Faygo R&R maybe twice a year. Talk about some rich, sweet pop - a straw can almost stand up in that stuff. Great with something deep fried! Might as well go all the way when I have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I can only drink Faygo R&R maybe twice a year. Talk about some rich, sweet pop - a straw can almost stand up in that stuff. Great with something deep fried! Might as well go all the way when I have it!
    Like with pie? Because I just can see how Dr. Pepper and cherry pie can go together. Maybe some flavor pie and R & R would jive well.