Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Effing Giuliani!

What is it with the jingoism that lets a guy like Giuliano question Obama's love of country. Funny, this week The Italian-Americans will play on PBS' "The American Experience". This is a strange coincidence. A documentary that speaks to the fidelity of Italian-Americans to the USA in WW2

Effing Giuliani.

The comment sections are huge in number and on all sides of the fence depending on which news source you read.

See details here as well as video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6712428.html

Here's some of what he said:

“I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America,” Giuliani reportedly said during a private dinner in New York. “He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

Giuliani added that, “with all our flaws we’re the most exceptional country in the world. I’m looking for a presidential candidate who can express that, do that and carry it out.”

See also his responses further on Politico:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ca-115309.html

This comment doesn't even make sense. Why would anyone want to be President of a country they didn't like?

DetroitYES Home » Non Detroit Issues » Thom Hartmann » What About Rudy Giuliani's Values?
    According to Barrett, Harold Giuliani served a one-and-a-half year term in Sing Sing prison after robbing a milkman at gunpoint in 1934, a decade before his son, the mayor-to-be, was born.

Rudy[: An Investigative Biography of Rudolph Giuliani] also alleges that Harold Giuliani served as the “muscle” for a loan-sharking outfit, claiming that he “broke legs, smashed kneecaps [and] crunched noses” in the 1950s -- even taking part in a gunfight on a Brooklyn street in the 1960s.
    Rudy should know better than to fling stones from his glass house.

Well it seems Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan had some interesting comments regarding Giuliani:

Louis Farrakhan calls Rudy Giuliani a 'privileged cracker devil'

http://milwaukee.suntimes.com/nation...-cracker-devil

What the right-wingers mean by saying "Obama doesn't love America" is that he doesn't love THEIR version of America, the America where they were teens. The 50s. Only without all the high-wage union jobs, 90% highest tax rate, massive public infrastructure projects. Just segregation and, um, well, that's it

Yup, they are desperately fighting to preserve the privilege they see as their birthright.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Yup, they are desperately fighting to preserve the privilege they see as their birthright.
    Or their <gasp> entitlement.