Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Dark Star" H.R. Giger's WorlPollack.Netflx.
    The best documentery I've ever seen. [[ Out of a hundred), The man is pure genious probably not of this earth. Of course he did "Alien" but has a lifetime of work behind and ahead of him.

Put one finger on the pause button to appreciate his art. He did all media as an expert.
    Live on H.R.

Seen on Netflix.

And propably the only modern day artist scrutinized by a IMAX at 6" and played back in a theater.

The detail is fantastic. Throw away that Jackson Pollak , [[To Me).

Thought for today

"Better call Saul"

That car would cost $500 if had a $300 hooker in it. [[Been there, done that.)

Not my "favorite documentaries" but worth a look. These both deal with the horrific mess that is our family court system wielding asymmetrical "justice" while lining the pockets of everyone in the $50B/year divorce industry. These are trailers-

Divorce Corp.

Frustrated 2 - Mama's Baby, Daddy's Maybe

I like 'The act of killing' and 'Gleason' not bad..

I am ALI. Excellent.

Much of it comprised of home vids Ali took during time off the road.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4008652/

"The Keepers" on Netflix is excellent, if chilling.

Thought “The Keepers” was excellent, although I must confess it gave me another reason to dislike the Catholic Church. Saw “Won’t you be my neighbor”, a documentary about Fred Rogers a couple of weeks ago, and found myself tearing up. Never was a huge fan of him, but my daughter had seen it and thought it was great. The Russian Five, which we had seen at the Free Press film festival this past winter was great too. Saw last weekend the documentary about Michigan Central Train station, “Detroit: comeback City”. Thought that was good, and wasn’t a giant commercial for Ford Motor Co.

Scanned quickly, found some favorites like Cosmos, The Civil War, Life After People, etc. Remember a few others [[but not their titles) from when The History Channel was about historical things and The Science Channel was about scientific things.

Not interested in NF or The BezosChannels.

Some may not consider these documentaries, but I liked shows like 'How Things Are Made' and 'Engineering Marvels' which also did some episodes on 'Engineering Disasters'. I remember some episodes that dealt with explosions and featured the PepCon Plant in Nevada and the El Cajon Pass runaway rail car incident.

^^^ I love the 'How Things Are Made', 'Engineer Marvels' and the like docs. Helps put thing in perspective as to talent, ingenuity and guts. Stuff now taken for granted.

Total duration 17 minutes:
    In his new documentary “Fahrenheit 11/9,” filmmaker Michael Moore interviews the last surviving Nuremberg prosecutor, Ben Ferencz, who describes President Trump’s policy of family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border and the large-scale detention of immigrant children as a “crime against humanity.” Moore also looks at the rise of Hitler in Nazi Germany and compares it to the rise of Trump in the United States.

There is some evidence that these films are being suppressed. If it doesn't work in your browser, try another. Chrome worked for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3