Name:  Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 6.40.29 PM.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  29.1 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 6.42.23 PM.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  49.3 KB

http://www.blocaldetroit.com/custom-...onal-building/

Those are sexy! LOVE IT!

Very nice, yes. Now just get to the cornices near the roof.

"Restore original" are not the correct words to use unless you can prove that this was the original design.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    They look amazing! another home run move by gilbert and bedrock

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 6.40.29 PM.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  29.1 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 6.42.23 PM.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  49.3 KB

http://www.blocaldetroit.com/custom-...onal-building/

"The resulting turn of the century appearance was inspired by decorative spandrels on the building’s 22-23 floors."

Many years ago, I worked on the 22nd floor, but I don't recall what was outside my office window.

I actually had two different jobs in that building and am glad to see it looking so great.

Is this really called an "awning" out of curiosity? Looks like something more substantial with a more architecturally appropriate name. Or, maybe not. Anyway, it's an improvement. But, yeah, I agree, it'd be nice to see the cornice rebuilt. Of all the cornice removals I've seen in Detroit and across the country, really, the chop-job done on the First National has got to be among the very worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Is this really called an "awning" out of curiosity? Looks like something more substantial with a more architecturally appropriate name. Or, maybe not. Anyway, it's an improvement...[[snip)
    If it were on a New York apartment building it would be called a marquee. So I assume the same term would work for the First national Building.

Kudos to the landlord. The sort of class and dignity we need to see much more of around here.