Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Chandler Park Project

"A group of longtime and former Detroit residents has formed the Chandler Park Conservancy to oversee a $20-million transformation of the nearly 100-year-old, 200-acre east-side park that will include new football and soccer fields, tennis courts and the state's first urban conservation school for K-12 students."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/colu...over/23471197/

Nice improvement for a neighborhood...

It would be nice if Wayne County paved Chandler Park Drive from Dickerson to Alter, it has been terrible for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    It would be nice if Wayne County paved Chandler Park Drive from Dickerson to Alter, it has been terrible for years.

Technically, it's a city street and not the county's responsibility...

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    I've heard that people in Michigan don't think good roads are worth paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    No, you're wrong about that. People in MI don't like they're taxes increased repeatedly for a noble cause, then have their money put in a general fund, only to have it evaporate.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    And now road repairs, something that would be considered a basic quality of life service in any other state, are labeled "noble causes."

That's "Pure Michigan" for ya! LMAO!!!

It there was a proposal that [[1) specified which roads they're talking about-- since I am already paying $375/year for don't-know-how-many-years to improve my local roads, and [[2) very clearly limited all incremental funds from said proposal to roads with no cut-backs on current road funding sources-- no increase in school funding any sort of underhanded way, then and only then would I vote for it.

I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment, at all.

But sure, Chandler Park improvements funded privately, by some foundation or even crowd-funded sounds great.