Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Liberals work to lure Elizabeth Warren into White House race

[[Rueters headline not mine)

Anyway, if you're holding your nose to cast a dynastic [[smile) vote for Hill or Jeb you may have an alternate!

From news story

[[Reuters) - The scene in the New Hampshire office is one common to any nascent U.S. presidential campaign in the state that holds the country's first primary contest: Young staffers peck away at laptops and unpack boxes of signs with their candidate's name.

But the Democrat they are working for, U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, adamantly denies plans to seek the presidency.

Backed with $1.25 million from liberal advocacy groups MoveOn.org and Democracy for America, the "Run Warren Run" group has opened offices in New Hampshire and Iowa, hoping she will jump in and contending Warren's message of populist economics could propel her into the White House in 2016.

[[see news story link above in blue for more)
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-15-15 at 10:29 AM.

Stupid since she said she isn't running. Meanwhile, Sen. Bernie Sanders said he might be. Why not help him? They have similar views. Anyway, we need good people in the Senate too so she can still make a difference there, leave her alone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6381296.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Stupid since she said she isn't running. Meanwhile, Sen. Bernie Sanders said he might be. Why not help him? They have similar views. Anyway, we need good people in the Senate too so she can still make a difference there, leave her alone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6381296.html
    A president can only do as much as the Senate and Congress allow him or her to do, so I agree with you here. We do need good people in the Senate and Congress. However, I don't know that Sanders has the fire in the belly that Warren has. 2016 will be interesting.

I hope Democrats choose Warren over Hillary. Jeb and Hillary seem to be the pre-selected candidates of corporate America and either would be a continuation of the Bush/Obama disaster. While Secretary of State, Hillary accepted $8M for her foundation from a Ukraine oligarch and $7M from rich Saudis not including additional millions from Saudis living in England. It would be difficult for even Jeb to match this level of corruptness. Warren, in contrast, seems to hit some of the right notes regarding the 1%'s financial coupe. I realize that no Democrat in national politics can even consider observing the 10th Amendment but at least Warren senses that there is something wrong with the growing disparities between the 1% and the rest of us. One issue where Warren differ with Hillary is the TPP. Warren plans to oppose the Obama administration and fight the TPP.
    Last edited by oladub; March-27-15 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I hope Democrats choose Warren over Hillary.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I agree 100%.
    I hope they run Hillary. It would guarantee a Republican win and we can start to put things back on track.

If Jeb runs, the Republican apathy level will equal Bob Dole's. Don't count on Hillary losing. Warren would add energy and ideas lacking in a Clinton/Bush dynasty matchup. I would like to see Warren against Paul. Then we would have some an explosion of ideas on the debate stage and, either way, the 1% would be dealt a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    I hope they run Hillary. It would guarantee a Republican win and we can start to put things back on track.
    On the Bush track? Which one of the current Republican Presidential contenders is NOT driving a clown car?

Before this is taken the wrong way: don't consider these questions an automatic show of support for any Democratic contenders.
    Last edited by noise; March-27-15 at 10:43 AM.