Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Helping Detroit...

Another resource... if you've got extra whatever, maybe these guys can help get it to someone that needs it

A garage full of clothing, a truck full of bread are waiting to help someone in need. "Detroit Helping Detroit is a grassroots, we are the middle man between people who would like to donate to people they know need it the most," said Robin Chichester.
    Chichester helped start Detroit Helping Detroit less than a year ago after he saw a growing need for things some may take for granted like a hot meal or a winter coat. "Anything we can do to help Detroit, that's why we're here," he said. "Detroit helping Detroit."
    On Mondays and Tuesdays, Chichester says he collects food donations and then prepares everything in his home. "Sometimes we create a cold meal they can put in their backpacks or bags for later," he said. "But also our concern is to provide a nice, hot, tasty meal and that's what they Appreciate the most."
    Chichester doesn't want the organization's name to confuse anyone about who they help. "Detroit Helping Detroit is an ideology of saying let's help each other let's also take care of our neighbors first before we consider helping overseas or other states or other parts of the country," he said.
    If you would like to help out by donating or simply need a helping hand, Chichester says you can call their hotline or find them on social media "Some of them are saying I really need help with an electric bill or I'm in need of a refrigerator," he said. "Whatever thesituation is, we don't ask questions.we just try to provide what they need."

For more information. go to Facebook.com/detroithepingdetroit or call the Detroit Helping Detroit Hotline 313-784-2842.
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28...-those-in-need

Thank you for the info. I have tons of good stuff and agree we need to help each other in our communities first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    For more information. go to Facebook.com/detroithepingdetroit
    There's a typo in that link. It should be www.facebook.com/detroithelpingdetroit

Thank you for that link. I listed what I thought might be helpful. I rarely do facebook stuff but if what I can give helps someone in Detroit, I made my rare visit to the site.

Sumas