Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shooting Kelly/Moross

Saw a crawler on Channel 4 but no story. Anyone hear anything? Driver sitting at stoplight shot.

No one?

I read elsewhere online that there was a shooting somewhere in Eastpointe that from the description sounded similar to the Paige Stalker murder-- some guy getting out of a black vehicle and emptying an automatic weapon into another. Ugh.

But all these perps have mommas who raised them right and are sure they're good boys, yes?

Apparently around 2pm yesterday. One comment says a baby was killed. Strange there's no news coverage.

https://twitter.com/CrimeInTheD/stat...740802/photo/1

Same car, before-- https://twitter.com/LezbianStoner/st...91053584297984 The building does not look familiar, but then I don't know everything around there.

Oh, wait. Maybe this is the Eastpointe shooting [[building looks more typical) and the article caption was just wrong.
    Last edited by Llama; February-08-15 at 11:11 PM.

Same car? One is a Malibu and one is an Impala.

This is weird. Are news outlets missing, or worse yet disregarding, the story because it's not in Detroit? A broad daylight shooting [[killing?) on a major public street, even if the result of some backwards gang tiff, needs to be prominently reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    This is weird. Are news outlets missing, or worse yet disregarding, the story because it's not in Detroit? A broad daylight shooting [[killing?) on a major public street, even if the result of some backwards gang tiff, needs to be prominently reported.
    Moross and Kelly is technically still Detroit...

And it wouldn't surprise me if the new non-transparent but still corrupt regime in the city has purposely gone out of their way to prevent any media broadcast of this shooting. It doesn't suggest that crime's decreasing in the city after all, despite how much cooking of the stats they've been doing to show otherwise...

Why does everything in this city have to be a conspiracy theory? Some people are going to look very stupid when this story is explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Why does everything in this city have to be a conspiracy theory?
    There may not be a conspiracy.

Even so, there's definitely something not right when there's a complete blackout on a deadly shooting near a busy intersection in broad daylight [[for now 2 days)...

Speaking of not right.... it's been exactly 1 year since this triple torture/murder house set on fire happened... and we're still in the dark about what really happened here by the 4 people accused of this horrific crime?
    http://www.amren.com/news/2014/02/4-...house-torched/

How do we know that the media just doesn't care enough to investigate sometimes?
    Last edited by Gistok; February-09-15 at 10:46 AM.

"How do we know that the media just doesn't care enough to investigate sometimes?"

Are you paying for the media? At what level?

How can you require an investigation of a crime when the investigators have been laid off, down-sized?

This black out of non-priority news is possibly one effect of less support for main-stream institutional news.

Who is going to write in a serious professional way about many topics?

if we have another Kwame Kilpatrick - how will a years-long journalism investigation be accomplished.

For perspective, I know that one of the ways the feds got involved with KK's management was from a Detroit news story quite early in the administration. The story about the unlikely rise in Karl Kado's power to control Cobo Center was a tip-off for the Feds.

But now the newspapers are decimated. Who will stand on guard for us?

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    "How do we know that the media just doesn't care enough to investigate sometimes?"

Are you paying for the media? At what level?

How can you require an investigation of a crime when the investigators have been laid off, down-sized?

This black out of non-priority news is possibly one effect of less support for main-stream institutional news.

Who is going to write in a serious professional way about many topics?

if we have another Kwame Kilpatrick - how will a years-long journalism investigation be accomplished.

For perspective, I know that one of the ways the feds got involved with KK's management was from a Detroit news story quite early in the administration. The story about the unlikely rise in Karl Kado's power to control Cobo Center was a tip-off for the Feds.

But now the newspapers are decimated. Who will stand on guard for us?

Does anyone really know if anything actually occurred before we go running at the mouth with conspiracy theories? Nothing so far in this thread substantiates that there was a crime except for these Twitter pics which it appears question the location.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Same car? One is a Malibu and one is an Impala.
    Really? Look the same to me and they're from the same guy's twitter feed, so I just assumed. Goes to show how car-aware I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    Nothing so far in this thread substantiates that there was a crime except for these Twitter pics which it appears question the location.
    I was questioning the location. Now that I've noticed the obvious DPD car in the bullet-holes photo, I'm thinking this one must have been Detroit proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama View Post
    Really? Look the same to me and they're from the same guy's twitter feed, so I just assumed. Goes to show how car-aware I'm not!
    Impala is larger and more steeply raked, and the Mailbu has pin stripes, the shot-up Impala doesn't. Definitely two different cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama View Post
    I was questioning the location. Now that I've noticed the obvious DPD car in the bullet-holes photo, I'm thinking this one must have been Detroit proper.
    Looks real enough to me.

Case Number: 1910597
    Date: 2/7/2015 3:30 PM
    Description: HOMICIDE-FATAL SHOOTING

No local media coverage does seem very strange, especially given what looks [[by the condition of the car anyway) to be similarity to the Paige Stalker murder on the Detroit side of the GPP border back in December.

If you watch the morning news it is nothing but shootings and weather scare stories. Maybe they just didn't have room for this one?

Definitely need to be careful about leaving a car in your blind spot around here.

The weather scare comment made me laugh. This is Michigan, we see 4 seasons of weather. I guess I appreciate heads up on tornado warnings [[been affected by two) but other than that, we get rain, snow, sleet, ozone days etc. People need to get to work, kids to school, other have errands to run and appointments.

I still read newspapers, watch news on TV but find little content. Giggling nothings.
    Last edited by sumas; February-10-15 at 06:05 AM.

This story was reported Sunday morning on channel 2 news. There is no conspiracy. It would seem a few people on here weren't paying attention or don't watch the news.

I am guilty of not watching Sunday morning news on Channel 2. But I'm not finding anything about it on their website either, even searching several likely terms [[Kelly, shooting, etc) by date.

bump! need more source!

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    This story was reported Sunday morning on channel 2 news. There is no conspiracy. It would seem a few people on here weren't paying attention or don't watch the news.
    Can't watch all the channels at once. No one said there was a conspiracy. Just kinda weird a car gets shot up like that and no coverage. Especially when there was tons of coverage last time that happened.

The TV news is absolute crap anyway. I put it on in the background while getting ready for work. Just happened to catch the crawler.

So which is it, a gag order or complacency?

Not enough man bites dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Not enough man bites dog?
    Last time I saw a car shot up like that was the Paige Stalker murder over on Charlevoix, December 22. So these are common once/month or thereabouts? I hadn't realized.

Just wondering if there's a connection between the two.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast