Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default American Rehab - Detroit

The six episode show starts tonight at 9 p.m. on the D.I.Y network. The article was in the Free Press recently and is owned by the great-great grandson of the original owner who lost it to the depression.

Wonder if you can watch the show online for those who don't get the DIY network?

Anyone know where this house is?

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    Anyone know where this house is?
    I do, but I don't want to give out the address on a public forum.
    It's just west of Woodward and between Boston Edison District and Highland Park, which gives about 6 streets to browse via Google maps. You'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    Wonder if you can watch the show online for those who don't get the DIY network?
    i tried to see if it was online but no luck. usually, if they post the episodes online it's within a few days or even a week or so after the show was aired.

I watched a couple of episodes. I applaud their love for the history of the house and the effort that they're putting into it. Great for the neighborhood.

The final episode is on Thursday...

http://www.freep.com/story/life/2015...nale/23955633/

Great show! I also applaud them. I found the house on googlemaps really quick. God bless 'em.

The renovation of the garage, shown on last weeks episode, was amazing. I just wish there were more episodes coming.

Curbed has a follow-up today.

Nice so see that the neighborhood association has been revived.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...llage-home.php

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Curbed has a follow-up today.

Nice so see that the neighborhood association has been revived.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...llage-home.php
    I'm still trying to figure out where Woodward Village is.

I suppose, if someone went through the trouble of rebuilding the neighborhood association they have a right to do some rebranding. But it seems gratuitous, it's not like the name had a negative connotation, so we're just changing things because we feel entitled to.