Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default We get the message, Mr Zigeloff

Any idea on the origin of the phrase, "We get the message, Mr Zigeloff?"
    I believe it's from an old commercial.

Bump.
    Oh, come on, gang! I'm counting on you guys!

I've never heard that phrase used in a commercial, and who knows if the name Zigeloff is supposed to be from the commercial or was it substituted for some other name. I found the exact quote in a post to a blog, OpEdNews, dated 7-2-09.

I think you've shared with the world your lack of concern for Palestinian human life. You have repeated it here twice, and I think that's good enough. We get the message, Mr Zigeloff, to paraphrase an old commercial.

The poster was John Little:

http://www.opednews.com/author/author20532.html

Maybe he can tell you what he was talking about.

ccbatson Guest

Google doesn't really hit a bullseye on this one.

lilpup Guest

Found it!

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-11-...ion-consulting

Gov. Wilson's nominee to be state superintendent of public instruction is way out of the loop as far as the educational Establishment is concerned. But as an outsider, Sanford C. Sigoloff's contribution in the job--should he be confirmed--could be to deliver a fresh assessment of the state education scene.
    Sigoloff was tapped to fill the unexpired term of Bill Honig, who resigned as superintendent early this year after a felony conviction for conflict of interest, relating to his wife's education consulting firm. In nominating Sigoloff, Wilson is turning to a man perhaps best known to Southern California consumers for his "We get the message, Mr. Sigoloff" ad campaign for Builders Emporium during the mid-1980s. [[The chain went out of business this fall, long after Sigoloff left.)

ccbatson Guest

Cool trivia hunting kill Lilpup.