Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 50 mile rd??

Default 50 mile rd??

Here's an older article about an armed robbery taking place at 22 mile and Romeo plank in Macomb. Are people going to start to flee out to 50 mile soon?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...even/22518413/

Name:  Troll.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  56.3 KB
    edit:made smaller
    Last edited by Scottathew; January-29-15 at 12:23 PM.

I remember when five miles high was a pretty cool place....

I know someone that moved out of Warren after an attempted burglary. This person now lives at what is the equivalent of - I'd guess - 55 Mile.

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    I know someone that moved out of Warren after an attempted burglary. This person now lives at what is the equivalent of - I'd guess - 55 Mile.
    And they're probably happy because it's nice out there. And they aren't yet worried about crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Wasn't that Eight Miles High

Quote Originally Posted by boater4life View Post
    Are people going to start to flee out to 50 mile soon?
    Where would that be? Imlay City? Why don't you go there for a while and a good long time looking for 50 Mile Rd. to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Where would that be? Imlay City? Why don't you go there for a while and a good long time looking for 50 Mile Rd. to find out.
    It would be located in BFE. Just use your imagination, smarty.

Interestingly, much of the City of Detroit is basically BFE.

Where would that be? Imlay City?....
    I couldn't resist looking it up. I'd put it about 2 miles north of Imlay City at Bowers Rd.

Is 37 Mile Rd the highest named mile road?

For some unknown reason I have a record of the highest numbered address as

Attachment 25688
    81950 Main St., Memphis, MI 48041

You can never escape.

There was a girl murdered last year on a trail in Armada which is between 32 and 33 mile.

You just have to be vigilant.

Well, I've met plenty of former Detroiters up around Rose City and Oscoda area. The way they dropped N-bombs and bad-mouthed Muslims, I suspect 50 Mile Road wouldn't have been northward enough for them. Though it was pretty clear from the way they talked that they weren't running from crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    There is a 38 Mile Road northeast of Detroit. I'll see if I can find where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    There is a 38 Mile Road northeast of Detroit. I'll see if I can find where it is.
    37 Mile is the highest in the eastside/thumb area. Downtown Almont translates to 40 Mile but is called St Clair

I find it laughable that someone decided to post a robbery happening in Macomb Twp. Murders and robberies happen everywhere. Imlay City, Romen, Rochester, even then clean streets of pleasant Armada Michigan. It doesn't matter where you live, there is crazy everywhere. Now, the propensity in which it happens, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    I searched very hard and couldn't find it.

I grew up around 22 and Romeo Plank - this sort of crime is absolutely unheard of out there.

Also, I seem to recall visiting a 38 mile road once...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    I remember "Eight Miles High" by the Byrds.....

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Name:  Troll.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  56.3 KB
    edit:made smaller

I couldn't resist looking it up. I'd put it about 2 miles north of Imlay City at Bowers Rd.
    According to this document, Bowers Rd. is indeed 50 Mile Rd.

http://www.macombgov.org/historicalc...-18-11_001.pdf

I believe you're correct that 37 Mile Road is the highest actually numbered mile road.

Name:  van dyke + 37 mi rd romeo.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  21.3 KB
    Last edited by EastsideAl; January-29-15 at 07:25 PM.

According to this document, Bowers Rd. is indeed 50 Mile Rd....
    Oh, cool. And there the list ends at exactly 50 Mile Rd. Thanks!

MAcc Guest

I don't know about "50 Mile" but Clarkston and Rochester Hills are very pleasant communities. Issue is once you go further north than Oakland Township, e.g. Metamora, the public schools aren't choice and you're an annoying 30 minute commute from Notre Dame Prep and a decent grocery store.

I think an even bigger trend is moving west. South Lyon, Milford, Brighton, suburbs of Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor proper. Ann Arbor is a recession proof bubble.

And long term, the eastern burbs of Grand Rapids, e.g. East Grand Rapids and Forest Hills, are rock solid.
    Last edited by MAcc; January-29-15 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAcc View Post
    I don't know about "50 Mile" but Clarkston and Rochester Hills are very pleasant communities. Issue is once you go further north than Oakland Township, e.g. Metamora, the public schools aren't choice and you're an annoying 30 minute commute from Notre Dame Prep and a decent grocery store.

I think an even bigger trend is moving west. South Lyon, Milford, Brighton, suburbs of Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor proper. Ann Arbor is a recession proof bubble.

And long term, the eastern burbs of Grand Rapids, e.g. East Grand Rapids and Forest Hills, are rock solid.
    And here's a recent trend: moving south into the likes of Brownstown, Flat Rock, Carleton and the Monroe area.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    And here's a recent trend: moving south into the likes of Brownstown, Flat Rock, Carleton and the Monroe area.
    The problem with that trend is that the vast majority of the region's jobs are in Oakland County and Southern Macomb County [[versus WAyne County and downtown Detroit)

So it would be one hell of a commute to work for those folks sprawling southward.

But yes, I've noticed what MAcc stated as far as the sprawl westward lately...

Crime happens everywhere, even up to 50 Mile Rd. Deal with it. Folks want to leave Detroit so bad. Look what happen Macomb TWP. Sprawlville USA ripe for home invasions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast