Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Brush Park Building

The last time I was in town and driving around the area, a few months ago, the facade has been upgraded.

Toggle the dates on the street view and you'll see the difference.

Does anyone have any idea what this building is becoming? I always thought it would be a great place for a sports bar [[yea, there are a lot of those, but it's proximity to both Ford Field and Comerica Park along with now being blocks from the new Entertainment District is a prime spot.)

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3422...N6h6qfOn3w!2e0

I seem to remember a little blurb of a news story about this renovation somewhere, but I don't remember where exactly I read it. My gut tells me some sort of little start up company is going to be there but I'm not entirely sure.

The lady that owns the 234 Winder House http://www.234winderstinn.com/ bought the building. They currently park vehicles in the lot across the street from 234 Winder Inn, for all events. You just have to walk into the Inn and pay and walk out the backside onto the service drive.

She bought the aforementioned property on the corner of Brush/Service Drive on the auction. She has no plans for the place. She just initially put the windows and painted in hopes of flipping the property.

It would be ideal for a neighborhood bar. There are no bars in that neighborhood for pre-events.