Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Kuzzo's Chicken & Waffles to open soon in Detroit!

Great news!! We need more 'sit-down' style restaurants and this will help the Livernois 6 and 7 mile community!

http://www.metrotimes.com/Blogs/arch...eek-in-detroit

Fried chicken and waffles?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Fried chicken and waffles?
    What other type of chicken and waffles do you know about?

^^^ROTFL! 'Baked' chicken perhaps!? I love C & W when in the mood. Sorta a tasty combo of sweet and salty savory! A bite of the chicken, a bite of waffle dripping in syrup. I'm getting HUNGRY......
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-25-15 at 10:17 AM.

I'm Mona have to try it.

I will be elated when Starbucks, Tim Hortons, or some other type of coffee shop open on the strip. Regal Café didn't even get a chance to open before it went out of business

I'm thinking of a turkey and pancake franchise.

Fried chicken and waffles, two unhealthy foods, full of fat and carbs. Perfect for already fat folks to load up on and get even fatter and add to a life style already at risk.

^^^ Well that's a point, which is why I only eat that kind of food once a month or less. Still better than fast food! I am sure they will have other menu offerings. Midtown Eatery [[another chick and waffle place) makes a mean hot oatmeal bowl! Who knows Kuzzo's may have offer gluten free waffles without fried chicken. There is a market for that in the D.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-25-15 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    Fried chicken and waffles, two unhealthy foods, full of fat and carbs. Perfect for already fat folks to load up on and get even fatter and add to a life style already at risk.
    Aw c'mon Rock. Don't you ever go out for a hot fudge sundae?

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    No one's forcing you to eat there...

hmm.. it's probably a lost cause, but I hope for some egg-free options, so I can try some of their food. I might as well be a martian, longing for egg-free waffles or pancakes [[not to mention fried chicken batter.)

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    What other type of chicken and waffles do you know about?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_and_waffles

According to Wiki there is another type:

The traditional Pennsylvania Dutch version consists of a plain waffle with pulled, stewed chicken on top, covered in gravy.[2] It is generally found in the Northeastern United States.

The photo looks awful. I'm glad nobody's forcing me to eat there.

The chicken and waffle restaurants are a fad and will probably go out of business once the geographic changes in the areas that they are in. I hope that the Avenue of Fashion get better boutiques and eateries such as bakeries, ice stores, a nice sporting goods shop, and a bookstore

I wish them the best of luck.

They may make it. There is only one other in the city, Detroit Eatery and it is miles away. On the other hand, a brick and mortar book store can hardly make it anywhere!! Amazon and E-books put an end to that. Only the giants such as Barnes and Nobles are surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The chicken and waffle restaurants are a fad and will probably go out of business once the geographic changes in the areas that they are in. I hope that the Avenue of Fashion get better boutiques and eateries such as bakeries, ice stores, a nice sporting goods shop, and a bookstore

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    They may make it. There is only one other in the city, Detroit Eatery and it is miles away. On the other hand, a brick and mortar book store can hardly make it anywhere!! Amazon and E-books put an end to that. Only the giants such as Barnes and Nobles are surviving.
    Don't forget New Center Eatery [[unless that's the place you're referring to)...

^^^ Yeah, my bad. I get the names confused. I meant New Center Eatery! Thanks....

I don't know if it will be successful--running restaurants is a tough business--but it's nice to see another one try. There are gradually getting to be more eat-in places on Livernois. I don't recall there ever being many, as that wasn't what the Avenue of Fashion was about, but there were essentially none twenty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I don't know if it will be successful--running restaurants is a tough business--but it's nice to see another one try. There are gradually getting to be more eat-in places on Livernois. I don't recall there ever being many, as that wasn't what the Avenue of Fashion was about, but there were essentially none twenty years ago.
    Twenty years ago that stretch of Livernois looked a lot worse and was more vacated then it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Twenty years ago that stretch of Livernois looked a lot worse and was more vacated then it is now.
    Twenty years ago would put us at 1995, when Michigan's economy was booming, before the subprime mortgage bubble [[that allowed the black middle class to flee to the inner ring suburbs much easier) and before the lifting of the residency requiremnt.

So to be frank, I highly doubt what you imply was actually the case...

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Twenty years ago would put us at 1995, when Michigan's economy was booming, before the subprime mortgage bubble [[that allowed the black middle class to flee to the inner ring suburbs much easier) and before the lifting of the residency requiremnt.

So to be frank, I highly doubt what you imply was actually the case...
    I'm not sure whether the strip looked better in general. However, I'm quite sure that there were fewer sit-down restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    They aren't a fad in Atlanta. Singer Gladys Knights Signature Chicken and Waffles restaurant is big time down there, with about 5 locations in Metro Atlanta. They serve other food as well.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-27-15 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I'm not sure whether the strip looked better in general. However, I'm quite sure that there were fewer sit-down restaurants.

Yes, I can believe that...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast