Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Most Outrageous Things Seen on Television.

Yeah, there's a lot of idiocy, noise, and C.G.I., but I'm asking for some to post very rare [[asking yourself "was I the only one to catch that?") blurbs on news, basic T.V., or off channels [[like HSN). No fictitious creations from Hollywood, please. And please avoid mentioning grisly "Faces of Death"-style fatality stuff that borders on snuff [[yes, Dwyer's suicide, the burning monk, and execution of Nguyen Van Lem were all heavy stuff, but let's forgo all that).

For me I recall: 1.) seeing a news report of that one women getting angry at a school board and yelling, and they brought in security to hold her down, mace her, and carry her out kicking and screaming with her body half-exposed out of her sweat attire.
    2.) that insane [[and this is as ugly as I will get) footage from a cramped Polish T.V. studio where they had a bear trainer and his bear seated next to a woman who then was attacked by the bear. I believe she survived.
    3.) the news about Cabbage Patch Dolls eating kids fingers and hair. The height of camp was a mother and daughter in a morning news show studio, as the mother recalled the horrific moments of running in and finding the doll munching on her daughter's scalp. She then finishes with the line "and I don't think any mother would want their daughter to go through that again. Right sweetie? You wouldn't want to go through that again?" [[coaching the daughter to cry on cue into her shoulder).
    4.) the 6 p. news health segment on cochineal. I wish I had taped it. Also wished I grabbed the bottle of Fruitopia Kiwi Strawberry at an Amoco on Mack [[the next week they replaced all the bottles with new labels and the cochineal was omitted). This was a week after I went to a hospital for an asthma attack after eating a popular brand of Strawberry/Banana yogurt that had it in it. Two weeks after that, Futurama first aired it's "Secrets of Slurm" episode.
    5.) watching astronauts spacewalking and trying to insert a long needle like component into a lengthy section of space station that looked like a giant robotic arm on the NASA channel one weary morning. The guys at NASA thought playing the soundtrack to Trainspotting [[which was the hit movie that year) would be appropriate [[maybe due to the Eno track), but at that point, they were at Lou Reed's "Perfect Day". The girl I was hanging with was a junkie nurse, so she thrilled at what she saw.
    6.) seeing Ellen Degeneras [[sic-pre-talk show days, post-sit-com) in a segment clip from one of those "danged morning news shows". She was at a LGBT rally, and she was angry with neck-piping. She immediately went into talking about the anti-gay protesters outside with their inflammatory signs. She worked up the crowd into a frothing rage about how she wanted to violently beat everyone of those protesters with their signs. So, much for the peaceful approach to furthering your cause...never seem to find that clip, for some reason.
    7.) watching the atrocities during Katrina, and catching Kanye's famous "George Bush doesn't care about black people". Golden. The look on Mike "worst Cat in the Hat ever" Myer's face and the unreadiness of Chris Tucker was golden, too.
    8.) the rare and [[begrudgingly played) segment played by WDIV of the CB radio recording of the cop [[with no transcript, mind you-Carmen and WDIV had it in for the mayor) joking about how he'd lie and say Kwame Kilpatrick "assaulted" him, when he merely pushed past the obstinate cop. Wish I recorded that one.
    9.) catching the showdown between Boston cops and Feds during the hunt down for the Marathon bombers late in the early morning. Hard to believe a long-high-speed chase occurred [[on narrow, winding streets) from Cambridge to Watertown or why the one brother was taken to the hospital most further away from the scene [[not to mention a whole slew of other unanswered questions). However, the fact that three news stations and police stated for 45 minutes that the one brother was taken down by intense police fire, but then the story changed to him being "run over by the surviving brother" [[and that's the way it stayed with no mention of the other) was most odd. Again-wish I captured it on video.
    10.) being in New York in 2004 with a friend and catching an afternoon "stay tuned" report about a shoot out with police that has injured/killed 8 people in a sealed off area of three Brooklyn blocks. My friend said "we gotta catch that". The story shifted to a news helicopter running out of control slamming up against a building and landing harmlessly upside down on top of another building. It was in heavily congested air space "covering the event" when it happened, and all focus shifted to that, and nothing more was said about the police shoot-out-nothing at all. The way the pilot stumbles out and nonchalantly leans against the vehicle and gestures up to someone in a neighboring open window clearly with a "well, how d'ya' like that?" kind of air to him was wild.
    11.) and I have to add: any of the times I've seen poor examples of sarcastic New Wave songs used to sell products in commercials. Using Bowie's "Space Oddity", Schilling's "Major Tom", or Gary "nothing feels right in cars" Numan is a bad idea for car promos. Also, Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" in anything-I don't care if it's a Vegas ad. I even saw Devo's "Beautiful World" used for either Sprite of Target. Someone either isn't paying attention or loves being subversive.

I promise to start a "More Beautific Moments in T.V." thread if this one takes at all [[I always save my heaven after going through hell-how very Lynch of me).
    Last edited by G-DDT; January-20-15 at 04:29 PM.

Default Vermont High Schoolers Just Destroy Fox News About The Ethics Of Journalism