Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: 12 Monkeys

Default 12 Monkeys

Did anyone what 12 Monkeys on Syfy last night? There are several good shots of Detroit. Both pre and post apocalypse.

im watching it right now....

the opening scene is in the Kresge court [[i think) at the DIA with Diego's fresco in the background...

since its HIGH UP in the air, im wondering if she was filmed on a scaffold to put it in the background as if it was at floor level...

according to IMDB the only filming location listed is Detroit...

there are some scenes at the Packard and some that look like the fields north of Brush [[where those fabulous houses are collapsing upon themselves) and then a shot from down near the MCR station...

there are some interior shots [[decayed lobby?) and another hotel interior with a high ceilinged foyer. i didnt recognize them...

Default 12 Monkeys SyFy Series Preview

Total duration 21 minutes:

Just watched the first episode here
    http://www.syfy.com/12monkeys/videos/101_pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    im watching it right now....

the opening scene is in the Kresge court [[i think) at the DIA with Diego's fresco in the background...

since its HIGH UP in the air, im wondering if she was filmed on a scaffold to put it in the background as if it was at floor level...
    The "class" is taking place in Rivera Court. They're on the main floor. The plants that are behind her are on ground level. There's no platform. When she gets "kidnapped" by Cole, they're in front of the Woodward entrance, where they valet park cars sometimes for special events.

Folks, The real 12 Monkeys are here in Detroit and world right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The "class" is taking place in Rivera Court. They're on the main floor. The plants that are behind her are on ground level. There's no platform. When she gets "kidnapped" by Cole, they're in front of the Woodward entrance, where they valet park cars sometimes for special events.
    thanks Honky Tonk!

its been a year [[maybe 2?) since ive been to the DIA so i guess i didnt remember that the fresco is at floor level...

loved all of the detroit scenes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    thanks Honky Tonk!

its been a year [[maybe 2?) since ive been to the DIA so i guess i didnt remember that the fresco is at floor level...

loved all of the detroit scenes...
    Also, they're walking @ the Packard, but the "watch discovery" and a couple of quick scenes are @ the old Southwest Hospital. They must have Photoshopped "Purge Suey" out.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Folks, The real 12 Monkeys are here in Detroit and world right now.
    is this one of those racist dog whistle comments ?

what 12 monkeys are here in detroit and world danny boy?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    is this one of those racist dog whistle comments ?

what 12 monkeys are here in detroit and world danny boy?
    The 12 monkeys:

1. Influenza

2. Polio

3. Asian Influenza

4. Ebola

5. HIV AIDS

6. Swine Flu

7. Bird Flu

8. West Nile Virus

9. SARS

10. Norwalk virus

11. MERS

12. Justinian Plague

Put them all the together you all get the 12 Monkeys: All of the worldwide viruses and mutate to a point that no medicine on Earth will stop them!